+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Valid Job Offer Explanation

amala1611

Mar 10, 2017
Hi All,

I received a job offer under a positive LMIA in Feb 2019. And I have been working since then already in Canada. In the job offer received, there is no end date provided. But the following lines are stated.

"You must provide proof of valid work authorization upon the commencement of
employment. If required, you must obtain Canadian Permanent Resident status at your
own cost within the term of your work permit. If you do not do so, or if you become
ineligible to work in Canada for any reason, you will be considered to have resigned
voluntarily from XXX. Once you obtain your Canadian Permanent
Resident status, you must provide HR with a copy of your Permanent
Residence Card and your new Social Insurance Number."

My question here is, do I still need to show a valid job offer letter with a mandatory statement "this job offer made is valid for at least a year from the date I become PR"?

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
My question here is, do I still need to show a valid job offer letter with a mandatory statement "this job offer made is valid for at least a year from the date I become PR"?
A valid job offer is not mandatory to apply.

But if you want the points for having a valid job offer, then yes, you will need the job offer letter.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/offer-employment.html

if you’re currently working in Canada in a NOC 0, A or B job on a work permit that was issued based on an LMIA, and:
  • you’re working for an employer listed on your work permit
  • you’re authorized to work in Canada on the day you apply for a permanent resident visa, and when the visa is issued
  • your current employer made you an offer to give you a full-time job for at least one year if you’re accepted as a permanent resident

amala1611

Mar 10, 2017
Thank you!

I have reached out to my employer. But they are not giving the confirmation letter. However, the job offer doesn't have the end date. It has only the start date.

talk2allan

Dec 13, 2018
Mississauga
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
mississauga
NOC Code......
Thank you!

I have reached out to my employer. But they are not giving the confirmation letter. However, the job offer doesn't have the end date. It has only the start date.
The job offer is only required if you are planning to claim 50 points. if you are not claiming 50 points then you don't need it.
If you are claiming 50 points, then get the letter stating your roles and responsibilities according to NOC code work hours etc.. and add a line, stating that they will continue your employment for long term after you get PR. (It worked for me)

You will only need experience letter with roles and responsibilities as per your NOC code ect.