+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

VAC NY nor replying on my cancellation

Jadassaf

Dec 7, 2018
I have sent my passport for stamping in the NY VAC on Nov 29. I didnt expect them to be that slow in stamping. I have to leave the country on the 22nd because my US visa expires. I issued a cancellation of my stamping 2 days ago by calling the VAC. The representative responds by “i will inform my supervisor of this decision and the embassy wil email you”. I have yet to receive an email.
This is a very stressful situation as I’m reading other users experiencing more than a month processing time for the stamping.
Thank you for your help!

jsaaaa

Dec 19, 2018
I have sent my passport for stamping in the NY VAC on Nov 29. I didnt expect them to be that slow in stamping. I have to leave the country on the 22nd because my US visa expires. I issued a cancellation of my stamping 2 days ago by calling the VAC. The representative responds by “i will inform my supervisor of this decision and the embassy wil email you”. I have yet to receive an email.
This is a very stressful situation as I’m reading other users experiencing more than a month processing time for the stamping.
Thank you for your help!
Hello I am in the same situation but not canceling that. I called the vfs office they just told me that cancellation should take 2 weeks also. So what is your’s going?

Jadassaf

Dec 7, 2018
Hello I am in the same situation but not canceling that. I called the vfs office they just told me that cancellation should take 2 weeks also. So what is your’s going?
I got my passport yesterday by mail. It also had the Visa stamped on it even though I requested a cancellation.

jsaaaa

Dec 19, 2018
I got my passport yesterday by mail. It also had the Visa stamped on it even though I requested a cancellation.
Congrats about that! I almost lost hope, I think I can never catch my plane at 28th. Could I ask about what email address you contact them?or any phone number that works. I’ve looking through their website but can’t make sure what is their contact information.

Jadassaf

Dec 7, 2018
I contacted the VAC but there’s no way to reach further than that by phone. Try to visit them in person so that they give you a tracking number if you dont have one yet. You cant do anything if its in the embassy already. When did you submit your passport? Try to contact your consulate for a travel document instead of the passport for your travels. Good luck!

Yourstudent

Dec 23, 2018
Hey, I sent my passport to VAC newyork December 4th it was received December 6th. I got an email December 14th saying it has been dispatched to IRCC office for processing with a tracking number now is December 23rd I’m yet to receive my passport I have two trips coming up and I need my passports for those. Do you know when I I would receive my passports. My trips are December 26th and January 5th! I don’t think it’s rigjt to hold someone’s passport for that long also why does it need to go to the IRCC office I thought that was my they had an office in Newyork so they could do the stamping themselves. At this point I just need my passport back

Jadassaf

Dec 7, 2018
Wow that is weird! I got my tracking number on 9 of december and it got stamped with the visa and sent back to the VAC on the 13th. I received it on the 15th by mail.
Once the passport is in the IRCC, I dont think you can do much about it. It is technicslly stuck there until the VAC receives it again. Good luck! You’ll need that.

Yourstudent

Dec 23, 2018
Wow that is weird! I got my tracking number on 9 of december and it got stamped with the visa and sent back to the VAC on the 13th. I received it on the 15th by mail.
Once the passport is in the IRCC, I dont think you can do much about it. It is technicslly stuck there until the VAC receives it again. Good luck! You’ll need that.
Well lucky you I suppose!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!