Interview........
Not required.
Passport Req..
12-11-09
VISA ISSUED...
09-12-09
LANDED..........
09-01-10
The COPR and PR Card application are sent with your passport after you get your visa.
You get your SIN card from Service Canada centre, you don't need a form, they do all that there, you don't need this form when you land.

Siouxie

Sep 15, 2008
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville / London UK
App. Filed.......
16-02-2005
LANDED..........
26=01=2010
AlanWales said:
The COPR and PR Card application are sent with your passport after you get your visa.
You get your SIN card from Service Canada centre, you don't need a form, they do all that there, you don't need this form when you land.
I'm sorry, that is incorrect.

The COPR (Certificate Of Permanant Residency) is the visa/paper that is stapled to your passport when it is returned by the Embassy or Immigration Office in order for you to gain entry to Canada as a permanant resident.

If you are "landing" within Canada at a local immigration office, (as opposed to flying in to an airport) you take your passport with you and they will staple the COPR to your passport at the landing interview (not before).

The COPR is an important document that you will need for pension purposes etc later on.

The PR card is included with your fee's and will be sent to you approximately 7 weeks after you "land" provided you have an address they can send it to in Canada. If you don't, you can defer collecting the PR card for up to 6 months. There is nothing you need to do.

For your Social Insurance Number (SIN) card, you will go to a Services Canada centre where you will fill in a form (or you can get it online from here: http://www.servicecanada.gc.ca/eng/sin/forms.shtml ) and take along proof of your PR status (your COPR will do) and your passport. They will issue you with your SI Number and send you the official card approximately 4 weeks later.

AlanWales

Star Member
Dec 11, 2009
Wales
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-07-09
File Transfer...
04-08-09
Med's Done....
15-06-09
Interview........
Not required.
Passport Req..
12-11-09
VISA ISSUED...
09-12-09
LANDED..........
09-01-10
I what way is it incorrect when you said the same thing yourself? ??? ::)

rhetorisch

Jun 12, 2008
AlanWales said:
I what way is it incorrect when you said the same thing yourself? ??? ::)
Alan You said that the PR card application is sent to the applicant along with his/her passport, which is what is incorrect. You dont need to apply separately for a PR card if your application was submitted after June 28th 2002. The PR card is sent to a Canadian address a few weeks after you land. I never received any PR card application form which is why I was amazed when I read your post. I only received a COPR in triplicate form.

The rest of what you said was fine.

rhetorisch

Jun 12, 2008
Siouxie, you mentioned that the COPR is stapled to your passport when the passport is returned to you by the embassy. This did not happen in my case. I got my passport with the sticker affixed and COPR was issued as a SEPARATE LETTER-sized document in triplicate. Can you tell me if this is the way it is?

Many Thanks in advance for a swift response.

Regards

Siouxie

Sep 15, 2008
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville / London UK
App. Filed.......
16-02-2005
LANDED..........
26=01=2010
rhetorisch said:
Siouxie, you mentioned that the COPR is stapled to your passport when the passport is returned to you by the embassy. This did not happen in my case. I got my passport with the sticker affixed and COPR was issued as a SEPARATE LETTER-sized document in triplicate. Can you tell me if this is the way it is?

Many Thanks in advance for a swift response.

Regards
Apologies.

It depends on whether you are an Inland applicant or an Outland applicant.

The COPR would be separate as an outland applicant, but still issued at the same time as the sticker. As an inland applicant, there is no sticker. In both cases the COPR is stapled to the passport at the time of landing.

mrsabih

Aug 24, 2010
Guys i am outland applicant and i am waiting for my passport so i will update you when my passport receive its normally take 1 month so wait and watch