+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Using the CIC homepage to check file status

oberm2

Feb 23, 2008
Hi,

I am sponsoring my wife from Thailand to come to the province of Quebec. On January 28th, 2008 I received the approval letter from the Case Processing Centre in Mississauga that stated "you have met the Federal requirements for eligibility as sponsor". The documents were then forwarded to the Quebec Government (M.I.C.C.) for Provincial eligibility as well as to the Visa Office in Singapore for my wife. It mentiones we must wait until we hear from these two places.

I have recently been trying to check the status of our file online. Everytime i try to log in, however, it fails to do so. On the approval letter that I had received there is a "Client #" as well as a "Kit ID #". When logging in it asks for Client ID #, etc. I have tried all of the numbers but nothing works. Could someone please help and let me know if I am entering a wrong number or if it is just much too early to be checking online.

Thanks for your help!

hoping75

Nov 5, 2007
You Must enter your information, not your wife's where the name, birthday, and Country is listed.

And also the Client ID#. If you enter the number wrong, it will give you a message in red that you entered it wrong.

If it is saying nothing you may have entered your information wrong, or the agent handling your case did not enter the information into the site yet.

It should be listed that it was forwarded to MICC

Good luck with everything

mikeandlana

Jun 25, 2006
Hi there,
I, too, am sponsoring my wife who is in Thailand. I was approved as a sponsor On January 4th, and have heard nothing as of yet. So, I will assume that you will probably have to wait just as long as myself. Your client ID# must match your last name, date of birth, and country of birth. I made the initial mistake of using my wifes name and my client ID#, perhaps you are doing the same?
hope this helps
mike

oberm2

Feb 23, 2008
Hi,

Thanks for the responses. I haven't checked this forum for a while. I did what you mentioned and now it works! Thanks

Mike,
I sent a message to you in another forum discussion. Looks like we are in exactly the same situation, except that you are about 4 weeks ahead with the papers. Let's hope things run smoothly. How have you been dealing with the situation? My wife and I talk on the phone everyday and I also went to visit Thailand recently again.
Good Luck!