+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

US green card holder applying for canada immigration

Discussion in 'General - All Canadian Immigration' started by smartie363, Feb 27, 2011.

  1. Hi,
    I'm a US green card holder, (family based), and I want to migrate to Canada. Should I apply as a skilled worker? Is that the only way? I mean is it any easier for a US permanent resident to apply? How long is the process and where should I start?
    What should I do to bring my fiance, who's from Iran, with me to Canada?
    Please help!
    Thank you all
  2. There are a few different ways to apply, see http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/index.asp

    It is not easier for a US green card holder except maybe for the fact that you are visa exempt to travel to Canada so if you manage to get a job offer and LMO, it might be easier for you to get a work permit because overstay questions should not be an issue and you may be eligible to apply at the border.

    If you want to apply for your immigration, you should marry your fiance, then you can apply for her too.

Share This Page