+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

US experience has any weightage in CRS ?

RamaV

Jan 19, 2018
I live in US but want to apply for Canada PR . I tried my score in online assessment but unable to reach 400+ Mark and i do not see any options to improve my score except canada work experience ... I have work permit to canada which i plan to take Intra company transfer - Should i consider this as valid job offer ? or does it need any other validations ? Inputs are highly appreciated to score additional points
points as per calculator
Age 50
IELTS : 112 ( 7.5 score )
Education : 119
Skill transferability : 25+25 = 50
Spouse education and IELTS - 20 = Total 351

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
If you mention that as valid job offer and get 50 points, you need to provide an offer letter from the company stating that they plan to employ you for one year or more. Other than you are taking right route. Getting Canadian experience and ICT points (if offer letter can be arranged) is the way to go. There are no points for US experience because you are applying to Canadian immigration and not US immigration.

Also target 8777 in LRWS sections of IELTS to make sure that you have maximum score in that category.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I live in US but want to apply for Canada PR . I tried my score in online assessment but unable to reach 400+ Mark and i do not see any options to improve my score except canada work experience ... I have work permit to canada which i plan to take Intra company transfer - Should i consider this as valid job offer ? or does it need any other validations ? Inputs are highly appreciated to score additional points
points as per calculator
Age 50
No - this cannot be counted as a job offer.

You would need to actually move to Canada on the ICT and work here for a full year before you can use this job for job offer points.

h1b2pr

Mar 22, 2017
points as per calculator
Age 50
You didn't mention which city in Canada you are going to. If its Toronto, then Ontario has a separate Provincial program for PR which is separate from Express entry and doesn;t require LMIA. If you are going to Vancouver, BCPNP might be able to give points for EE. For BCPNP you won't need LMIA job.
Also, while in Canada, if you find another job which has LMIA, you may use it to claim points for EE.

Experts may correct if my understanding is wrong.

ajithj

May 1, 2015
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
2017-Mar
AOR Received.
2017-Mar
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
2017-Mar
Passport Req..
2017-May
LANDED..........
2017-Jun
You didn't mention which city in Canada you are going to. If its Toronto, then Ontario has a separate Provincial program for PR which is separate from Express entry and doesn;t require LMIA. If you are going to Vancouver, BCPNP might be able to give points for EE. For BCPNP you won't need LMIA job.
Also, while in Canada, if you find another job which has LMIA, you may use it to claim points for EE.

Experts may correct if my understanding is wrong.
Even if you have a job offer in Ontario, it is not easy to secure a provincial nomination. There is a process similar to LMIA followed in Ontario if you are applying based on job offer.

Reactions: Wahe

Wahe

Jan 26, 2018
I am H1B visa in US, I have a related question to this. Sorry I am new to forum and just started exploring Canada PR related stuff

Since we get 50 points for Job offer , however there is LMIA involved , is it difficult to obtain LMIA for an employer ?

is intra-company transfer an easier option when compared with Job offer with LMIA and then wait for 1 year, however catch is that we wont know what point system will be there in 2019 for employment/work permit ?

and if one decides to go with Job offer, what joining date we need to get from employer, because we don't know when will we get invitation and when we will move to Canada ?

ajithj

May 1, 2015
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
2017-Mar
AOR Received.
2017-Mar
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
2017-Mar
Passport Req..
2017-May
LANDED..........
2017-Jun
I am H1B visa in US, I have a related question to this. Sorry I am new to forum and just started exploring Canada PR related stuff

Since we get 50 points for Job offer , however there is LMIA involved , is it difficult to obtain LMIA for an employer ?

is intra-company transfer an easier option when compared with Job offer with LMIA and then wait for 1 year, however catch is that we wont know what point system will be there in 2019 for employment/work permit ?

and if one decides to go with Job offer, what joining date we need to get from employer, because we don't know when will we get invitation and when we will move to Canada ?
1) Job offer with LMIA will get you a work permit in Canada. You can start working in Canada once you get the work permit. Once you decide to apply for PR, you will get you 50 points in express entry (no waiting period of 1 year). Keep in mind that LMIA is very very difficult to get.

2) intra-company transfer also gets you a work permit. You can start working in Canada with it. When you apply for PR, you will not be able to claim 50 points immediately. There are few conditions to be met which includes the 1 year waiting period.

Even to get intra-company transfer work permit you will need specialized skills which is not readily available in Canada.

Reactions: Wahe

Wahe

Jan 26, 2018
Thank you Ajith for quick reply.

1. so if I understood the first point correctly, one has to move to Canada with the job offer with LMIA (work permit), and file for PR immediately (though personal preference to apply later as well).

2. But on the contrary if one has a PR handy via express entry then you do not need LMIA , right. in that case Employer only need to give a job offer or you start working with employer there once you have moved.

Second option is better , however I am only able to touch 416 points on CRS score, not sure if invitations scores will go below 420 ?
PNP is another option, my current employer has office in Ontario , but it will again boil down to LMIA

what do you advise

Last edited:

ajithj

May 1, 2015
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
2017-Mar
AOR Received.
2017-Mar
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
2017-Mar
Passport Req..
2017-May
LANDED..........
2017-Jun
Thank you Ajith for quick reply.

1. so if I understood the first point correctly, one has to move to Canada with the job offer with LMIA (work permit), and file for PR immediately (though personal preference to apply later as well).

2. But on the contrary if one has a PR handy via express entry then you do not need LMIA , right. in that case Employer only need to give a job offer or you start working with employer there once you have moved.

Second option is better , however I am only able to touch 416 points on CRS score, not sure if invitations scores will go below 420 ?
PNP is another option, my current employer has office in Ontario , but it will again boil down to LMIA

what do you advise
1. Correct
2. Correct

CRS cuttoff is unpredictable. Last year it had gone as low as 413. This year the trend suggests that it will remain around 440. Try for PNPs.