+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

US Business Car in Canada - Dual Citizen

Rammer

Feb 8, 2012
Hello All,

I've read through a number of posts regarding driving a US registered/plated car in Canada and saw that normally it's not permitted for Canadian Residents.

My situation is interesting and a bit different and hopefully someone can shed some light here.

I am a dual citizen, residing in Canada. I have a US Based company. I am looking to get a car registered to the US business. This car will be used in both the USA and Canada for sales calls and also as my primary vehicle. The Insurance company and car company have no issues with it being used in Canada.

Can anyone comment on this?

Thanks

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Rammer said:
Hello All,

I've read through a number of posts regarding driving a US registered/plated car in Canada and saw that normally it's not permitted for Canadian Residents.

My situation is interesting and a bit different and hopefully someone can shed some light here.

I am a dual citizen, residing in Canada. I have a US Based company. I am looking to get a car registered to the US business. This car will be used in both the USA and Canada for sales calls and also as my primary vehicle. The Insurance company and car company have no issues with it being used in Canada.

Can anyone comment on this?

Thanks
CBSA (Canada Border Security Agency) will have a real problem with it. I suggest you speak to them, and I think that they are going to tell you as a Canadian residence, you can't operate a US plated car in your day to day business in Canada.