+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent question needed help

hazelb712

Nov 12, 2018
Hello All,

I finished my landing at Thursday afternoon, my original plan was to stay in for one night but due to the weathers and worries that I may not be able to come back to US, I drove back immediately, so the whole time in Canada for first time landing was roughly 1 hour... however, at the US border, an officer made a phone call and now I am speculating that the phone call was to Canada CBSA to verify my entry. If the CBSA found out I was only in Canada for an hour or less, even though they collected my address for PR and signed my COPR. Will this be a problem for PR card issuance and later entry???

I know this question/post may sound really ridiculous and silly... just wanna some help...

Thanks a lot in advance.

hazelb712

Nov 12, 2018
More update: just checked my I94 record shows the exit from Canada and entry in Us at the same day...
Still suggesting plan ahead and don’t make stupid mistakes like I did...

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Hello All,

I finished my landing at Thursday afternoon, my original plan was to stay in for one night but due to the weathers and worries that I may not be able to come back to US, I drove back immediately, so the whole time in Canada for first time landing was roughly 1 hour... however, at the US border, an officer made a phone call and now I am speculating that the phone call was to Canada CBSA to verify my entry. If the CBSA found out I was only in Canada for an hour or less, even though they collected my address for PR and signed my COPR. Will this be a problem for PR card issuance and later entry???

I know this question/post may sound really ridiculous and silly... just wanna some help...

Thanks a lot in advance.
No issues would be there. Dont worry.
For any issues, legally they have to do it at the time of entry into Canada and there is no time limit for a PR to stay in Canada. Many did this kind of first landing for short period in the same day.

Try to check the PR card status in few days. Also you can order the PR card later too as your COPR is enough to reenter for the timebeing.

hazelb712

Nov 12, 2018
No issues would be there. Dont worry.
For any issues, legally they have to do it at the time of entry into Canada and there is no time limit for a PR to stay in Canada. Many did this kind of first landing for short period in the same day.

Try to check the PR card status in few days. Also you can order the PR card later too as your COPR is enough to reenter for the timebeing.
Hi thanks for the reply. When I entered, I told the CBSA officer that I would stay for one night but later changed my mind. They took my address for PR card and COPR with the photo. Another question though: how to check for the PR card production status? Thanks so much!!!

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Hi thanks for the reply. When I entered, I told the CBSA officer that I would stay for one night but later changed my mind. They took my address for PR card and COPR with the photo. Another question though: how to check for the PR card production status? Thanks so much!!!
One way is to call CIC to know the PR card application status. But you can try the online first:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/steps-to-check-pr-card-status.511665/

lampbreaker

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2015
The only reason they may have called is because their database is not updated to show your Canada entry, so just doing manual verification.

Nov 28, 2018
hello, i linked the application to my profile today, the current status shows as pending registration. what does it mean? thanks!!!!
Hello there,

Would you be able to please share your experience landing in Canada and coming back to America? what questions were asked and how much time did you spend? I would really appreciate it. I recently change status from F1 to H1B and am planning to go to Canada on a weekend for COPR landing. Please let me know.

Thank you,

hazelb712

Nov 12, 2018
Hello there,

Would you be able to please share your experience landing in Canada and coming back to America? what questions were asked and how much time did you spend? I would really appreciate it. I recently change status from F1 to H1B and am planning to go to Canada on a weekend for COPR landing. Please let me know.

Thank you,
Hi
Yes, you can do that. just bring valid passport, I797, paystubs, and letter from employer that explained they want you back to continue employment. Just regular questions, why you go to Canada and where you live, it only took less than an hour but depended on how many people were waiting. They updated my information in database with new fingerprints, pics, and address. Then I am good to leave.

Nov 28, 2018
Hi
Yes, you can do that. just bring valid passport, I797, paystubs, and letter from employer that explained they want you back to continue employment. Just regular questions, why you go to Canada and where you live, it only took less than an hour but depended on how many people were waiting. They updated my information in database with new fingerprints, pics, and address. Then I am good to leave.
Thank you for the information. Appreciate.

I have a few questions for you if you don't mind:

Since I am landing and planning to come back to US in 1 day, do I need to carry proof of funds? In that case, can I just show them my bank statement from a US Bank (Chase)? Also, do I need to prepare a list of items I am carrying and items to follow? Also, did you get your SIN number? Looks like the service centers for SIN are open only on weekdays. Please let me know. I am planning to go there either Friday or Saturday depending on if I need to apply for SIN.

I am mostly worried about coming back to US. So, as long as I hand them my passport with expired F1 Visa, and an approved I-797 with valid I-94, I should be good right? I will also take printouts about the Automatic Visa Re-validation.

Please let me know if I am missing anything. I would appreciate any advice. Thank you.