+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent Processing - Citizenship Application (Lets meet here )

brankd

Star Member
Apr 28, 2020
Hi everyone
I have submitted my application in december 2022, i wonder would a job offer from US qualify for urgent processing? I would need the citizenship to get TN visa, but really im not sure the country is happy to speed up the process for me to "move" somewhere elese? I even feel they would reject the application in that case......

Anyone tried anything else worked? all in all i just need my citizenship asap....
I am in the same boat.
Let me know if you find anything regarding this

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I am in the same boat.
Let me know if you find anything regarding this
Based on what we've seen here, IRCC will not process your citizenship application urgently in this scenario. However no harm in trying. Make sure you provide the supporting evidence (e.g. job offer from employer, etc.).

brankd

Star Member
Apr 28, 2020
Based on what we've seen here, IRCC will not process your citizenship application urgently in this scenario. However no harm in trying. Make sure you provide the supporting evidence (e.g. job offer from employer, etc.).
Please share if anyone has done this

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Please share if anyone has done this
If you read back through the historial posts in this thread, there are a handful of people who have tried this. I don't remember the details or their user names. I'm not aware of anyone who has been successful. But it's possible there has been.

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
Hi, can someone please advise if an urgent requirement to provide end-of-life care is a valid reason for urgent processing (on humanitarian grounds)? I need to care for my parents, between them have 1+ years remaining. They don't have anyone else. If so, what kind of documentation do I need to provide? Doctor's letter?

I'm a Sep 21 applicant. Test done June 2022 and background completed Feb 13 2023. Even if I were to get LPP today, It will still take 4-6 months to get oath, passport and OCI (can't stay for longer than 6 months as a tourist- I'll likely be away for upto two years, to fully wrap up my affairs there).

visitingprof

Star Member
Feb 25, 2015
Newfoundland
LANDED..........
PR since 2017
After my email (asking IRCC to include her and our children to UP), I received an email response from an official in Halifax IRCC, saying "... we are currently working on your family’s application", and one day after we received this email the Citizenship Tracker account of my wife has been updated, and she was scheduled for the citizenship test.
Does it mean, she is now in UP as well?
How would you guys interpret this move?
What is your projection/thoughts about how our application processing would improve after we both pass the test?

Update: My wife and I passed our citizenship tests on Sunday, March 5. Our tracker accounts have not been updated yet. As indicated in my previous posts, it was shortly before our test invite confirmed that we're in UP. I kindly ask everyone: what's your estimate on our oath invitation date (or all developments before the ceremony regarding the timeline)?
Please help! Thanks in advance.

Reactions: CHECKSUM

theflyingscot

Nov 17, 2022
Citizenship application status:

Type: Online
Submitted: Oct 22, 2022
AOR: Nov 18, 2022
UP Request sent: Nov 18, 2022
In Progress: Nov 24, 2022
UP Gen Response: Nov 24, 2022
Background completed: Nov 25, 2022
Citizenship test invitation: Nov 28, 2022
Citizenship test taken: Dec 5, 2022
Citizenship test marked complete: Dec 13, 2022
Language and Prohibitions cleared: Mar 8, 2023
Physical Presence cleared: Mar 14, 2023

Pratheesh

Aug 19, 2017
hello i requested urgent processing i received this response. i am not sure it has been send to the office or approved

• · If your enquiry was solely to provide documents, please note this is the only response you will receive.
  • · If your enquiry included additional questions in addition to the documents, they will be addressed separately, as soon as possible.
While your application is being processed, we recommend consulting the Check your application status.

jazy3313

Star Member
May 4, 2017
  • Apr 17, 2023
    Scheduled for Citizenship oath
  • Mar 17, 2023
    Prohibitions status has been updated to Completed.
    Physical presence status has been updated to Completed.
    Language skills status has been updated to Completed.
  • Mar 16, 2023
    Citizenship test status has been updated to Completed.
  • Mar 6, 2023
    Scheduled for citizenship test
  • Feb 21, 2023
    Background verification status has been updated to Completed.
  • 17 Feb, 2023
    Information sent to responsible office
  • Jan 11, 2023
    We have received your application and have begun to process your application. Information about next steps and required action items will be coming soon.
  • Jan 6, 2023
    Request for Urgent Processing
  • Dec 12, 2022
    Online application submitted.

yyzstudent

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2015
Day after I submitted my citizenship application I find out that one of the two remaining somewhat close relatives is terminally ill. I still have about 2 months left on my birth country passport. I can leave Canada but my birth country has a rule that citizens must have minimum 3 months left on the passport to be able to leave the country. Getting a new passport is going to take at least weeks, whether I do it here (can't get appointment at embassy as they are fully booked) or at the old country.

Should I request urgent processing? Would they even consider it and how do you prove it?

Zigzag85

Oct 20, 2017
Hello everyone. I’ve submitted my application for urgent processing since I am offered a job in a company that works in defence Canada and I would get exposed to sensitive information. I just sent the application 10 days ago and got AOR today in the mail. (I know ppl get AOR after 2-3 months of sending the application)

how do I know if they’ve accepted the urgent process request ?

Last edited:

mumair88

Star Member
Jun 6, 2017
Saudi Arabia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
21-12-2017
AOR Received.
21-12-2017
IELTS Request
9/9/2017
Med's Done....
11-01-2018
have GU update this morning (No Email Yet)
Request for Urgent Process of Application

Application Type Paper Based
Applicaiton sent Dec 12,2022
Aor Feb 15th 2023
Up Request Sent With Job Offer Letter March 23,2023
CE CSC Response Email March 23,2023
Gu Update March 28,2023 both for me and my wife
Next step not sure what's gonna happen.

mumair88

Star Member
Jun 6, 2017
Saudi Arabia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
21-12-2017
AOR Received.
21-12-2017
IELTS Request
9/9/2017
Med's Done....
11-01-2018
have GU update this morning (No Email Yet)
Request for Urgent Process of Application

Application Type Paper Based
Applicaiton sent Dec 12,2022
Aor Feb 15th 2023
Up Request Sent With Job Offer Letter March 23,2023
CE CSC Response Email March 23,2023
Gu Update March 28,2023 both for me and my wife
Next step not sure what's gonna happen.
Got this email now and there is GU update this morning any one know what happening are the processing application as urgent or not

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We acknowledge receipt of the documents and wish to inform you that they have been added to the file. Please note, for technical reasons, they may not be visible in your online account. Rest assured that your supporting documents are indeed added and available for officer review.

· If your enquiry was solely to provide documents, please note this is the only response you will receive.

· If your enquiry included additional questions in addition to the documents, they will be addressed separately, as soon as possible.

While your application is being processed, we recommend consulting the Check your application status.

For more information, we suggest consulting the following online services:

We understand that timely access to client support is important. Thank you for your patience.

jojee2k6

Sep 6, 2016
Hello folks want to learn from ur experiences, I already submitted today the CSE webform with LOE and supporting doc for UP-awaiting autoreply.

I know while its kind of hit and try, but do you think that sending same LOE and supporting doc DIRECTLY to SCR VO would have any impact or not (positive or negative)?

Pls share your experiences and advise would be really appreciated. Thanks!

Advice from seniors members would also be highly appreciated @dpenabill @bellaluna @legalfalcon .

Last edited: