+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent Processing - Citizenship Application (Lets meet here )

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Refugee-PR. 2019 Applicant.

Just got the urgent processing request approved after calling IRCC about 20 times. I will be invited for an oath next week!

What helped me at the end: a very kind IRCC phone agent contacted the local processing office behalf of me.
Did you provide any proof for the urgent processing, or just said you file is July 2019, and not yet finalized?

ziyoufeixiang

Star Member
Feb 25, 2016
I sent a webform to request urgent processing.
Does anyone know how long it will take to hear back from IRCC if the request is approved or not?

Sudha1@

Mar 10, 2018
I sent a webform to request urgent processing.
Does anyone know how long it will take to hear back from IRCC if the request is approved or not?
It seems - in some cases local VO confirms the UP and most of the cases not.
You can see UP approved cases gets their test invite so quickly.
After test - DM, it takes a month to two (including Passport pages request). Compare the Excel-tracker 2020 and 2021 to get some idea.
it is my personal opinion.

ziyoufeixiang

Star Member
Feb 25, 2016
It seems - in some cases local VO confirms the UP and most of the cases not.
You can see UP approved cases gets their test invite so quickly.
After test - DM, it takes a month to two (including Passport pages request). Compare the Excel-tracker 2020 and 2021 to get some idea.
it is my personal opinion.
thanks

ziyoufeixiang

Star Member
Feb 25, 2016
requested urgent processing and uploaded the proof 24 hours ago, and got a reply as follows:
I know this is a template reply and does that mean that my UP request was not approved?

------------------------------
Good day,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We can process applications for citizenship urgently in some cases.

If you feel that your situation may be considered urgent, we invite you to choose the type of application you would like to have processed urgently and follow the applicable instructions:

An officer will evaluate your request and determine if the application can be processed on an urgent basis.

*If you have already submitted an application for a search of citizenship records, to resume or to renounce your Canadian citizenship, when filling out the Web form, please:

• Select:
    • Citizenship from the drop down menu under Type of application/enquiry, and
    • Citizenship - Grant from the drop down menu under Type of application/enquiry (continued),
  • Include a detailed description of the required updates in the free-text box located under Your enquiry.
We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

Sincerely,

Last edited:

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
requested urgent processing and uploaded the proof 24 hours ago, and got a reply as follows:
I know this is a template reply and does that mean that my UP request was approved?

------------------------------
Good day,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We can process applications for citizenship urgently in some cases.

If you feel that your situation may be considered urgent, we invite you to choose the type of application you would like to have processed urgently and follow the applicable instructions:

An officer will evaluate your request and determine if the application can be processed on an urgent basis.

*If you have already submitted an application for a search of citizenship records, to resume or to renounce your Canadian citizenship, when filling out the Web form, please:

• Select:
    • Citizenship from the drop down menu under Type of application/enquiry, and
    • Citizenship - Grant from the drop down menu under Type of application/enquiry (continued),
  • Include a detailed description of the required updates in the free-text box located under Your enquiry.
We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

Sincerely,
How did you send the urgent processing request? Wasn't it a webform, and you selected citizenship-grant from the drop down menu?

gantisunil86

Sep 9, 2015
Mumbai
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
23-11-2016
Nomination.....
06-12-2016
AOR Received.
17-12-2016
Med's Done....
02-02-2017
In our case, they were satisfied with proof submitted with the webform and they only sent an email to inform us that they're processing our file as urgent. They are very responsive so you can follow up after a week or so. Good luck
Hey! So i received email yesterday that UP was approved from Kitchener VO and was told will receive the Test Invite shortly. Just want to know how long does it take from the Test to Oath especially since your file is also with same VO.

Thanks!

abc012

Star Member
Jan 21, 2017
I recently requested urgent processing (needed for work, my company provided a letter) and got the initial automated message. A few days later, I got a second email that mostly looks generic, but also mentions "We verified the information you provided and have forwarded it to the responsible office for their consideration."

Does this mean I might have a chance, or is this just another generic email that they send to everyone who submits a request through the webform?

I passed my citizenship test towards the end of July 2021, but haven't heard anything. So I had to submit the urgent processing request last week.

ziyoufeixiang

Star Member
Feb 25, 2016
I recently requested urgent processing (needed for work, my company provided a letter) and got the initial automated message. A few days later, I got a second email that mostly looks generic, but also mentions "We verified the information you provided and have forwarded it to the responsible office for their consideration."

Does this mean I might have a chance, or is this just another generic email that they send to everyone who submits a request through the webform?

I passed my citizenship test towards the end of July 2021, but haven't heard anything. So I had to submit the urgent processing request last week.
Same for me. I submitted a webform for urgent processing with the proof docs. I got a template reply and I submitted the same webform again and got a different template reply. Hopefully, I will get a generic reply in a few days but just in case, I emailed the local office just now and hopefully they will approve before I hear anything from IRCC.

abc012

Star Member
Jan 21, 2017
Same for me. I submitted a webform for urgent processing with the proof docs. I got a template reply and I submitted the same webform again and got a different template reply. Hopefully, I will get a generic reply in a few days but just in case, I emailed the local office just now and hopefully they will approve before I hear anything from IRCC.
Thanks for the response. So you submitted the urgent request using webform twice? I've submitted once but got 1 generic response, and then a second response after a few days which might have been a bit less generic. :) Hope they'll accept our requests.

ziyoufeixiang

Star Member
Feb 25, 2016
Thanks for the response. So you submitted the urgent request using webform twice? I've submitted once but got 1 generic response, and then a second response after a few days which might have been a bit less generic. :) Hope they'll accept our requests.

Yes I submitted twice, and got template reply the next day after submission. So I felt that the request may have been ignored but let me wait for a few days as you did.

Anyway, I emailed the local office a few hours ago with the explanation and proof. Hope this gets the officer's attention faster.

Reactions: abc012

Mus87

Star Member
Jun 25, 2019

I got the same second reply in regards to sending my request to the local office. I haven’t heard anything since and when I followed up, they said they can’t see a note whether the urgency processing request was accepted or not. My test was marked completed on July 20th and sent my passport copies early September. No progress since.

ziyoufeixiang

Star Member
Feb 25, 2016
Yes I submitted twice, and got template reply the next day after submission. So I felt that the request may have been ignored but let me wait for a few days as you did.

Anyway, I emailed the local office a few hours ago with the explanation and proof. Hope this gets the officer's attention faster.
follow-up: I just heard back from the local office 3 hours after sending them an email:

"Dear Applicant:

Thank you for contacting our office. This is to inform you that your enquiry has been forwarded to the responsible unit for their action, you will be contacted with the next steps.
"

seems that they will consider my UP request but not sure if they will approve it.
Will update here.

Last edited: