+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent help needed about COPR

redstyler

Jan 22, 2010
i landed last week but the officer made a mistake and did not sign the confirmation of permanent residence, though everything was printed and ok with the rest of it.

1) what does it mean, does that mean im not a landed immigrant?

2) has anyone experienced this?

3) what to do to get the correct one asap?

4) will my pr card be affected by this?

5) how do i get my SIN now because service canada refused to take it as a proof.

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
redstyler said:
i landed last week but the officer made a mistake and did not sign the confirmation of permanent residence, though everything was printed and ok with the rest of it.

1) what does it mean, does that mean im not a landed immigrant?

2) has anyone experienced this?

3) what to do to get the correct one asap?

4) will my pr card be affected by this?

5) how do i get my SIN now because service canada refused to take it as a proof.
The officer forgot to sign your COPR. It is not done purposefully.
You should contact CIC Call Center as soon as possible and talk to an officer:

Call Centre telephone number: 1-888-242‑2100

* Automated telephone service (available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week)

If you have a touch-tone telephone, you can listen to prerecorded information about CIC programs, order application kits, and check the status of your application.

* Call Centre agents - Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., your local time, except for statutory holidays.

redstyler

Jan 22, 2010
Thanks for the response but I already know that. I just need to see if other people went through the same and if they have some insights into this matter.

umairz

Aug 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-07-2011
AOR Received.
19-10-2011
File Transfer...
19-10-2011
Med's Request
19-10-2011
Med's Done....
27-10-2011
Passport Req..
02-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-12-2011
LANDED..........
07-01-2012
Cn't you go back to the border and ask them the question and they should haev everythign in file and can probably sign it for you or may be you have to go through a procedure but still i would imagine that should be able to answer something. Because its their fault.

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
redstyler said:
Thanks for the response but I already know that. I just need to see if other people went through the same and if they have some insights into this matter.
Hi redstyler,

Sorry to mention that I repeatedly answered you because your subject is Urgent help needed about COPR which signals as SOS !!.

You said you know the answers already to the questions you posted. I may suggest that, in such case you should have changed the subject and your questions to (example only):

Subject: Unsigned COPR at POE.

Explain the situation and then say that "I just need to see if other people went through the same and if they have some insights into this matter".

redstyler

Jan 22, 2010
yeah i want to go back and stuff but it was done in ontario and im in alberta now. If I could go back and get it corrected, im wondering if i should go to any border and get it done maybe? just a hope. But CIC told me that they have sent a msg to Fort Erie and CBSA will contact me personally in 30 days. Im just really frustrated cause it seems im the only one whos going through this crap lol. I cant get SIN nor can i apply for student loans for upcoming semesters. CIC agent did confirm that I was indeed a permanent resident regardless of the mistake. Anyone else going through this??

To Wilson, I really appreciate your input but ill take it from here with other people. Next time, it would be better to answer those 5 points i asked, rather than giving someone a generic answer. Nevertheless, I thank you.

jojok9

Aug 10, 2009
redstyler said:
yeah i want to go back and stuff but it was done in ontario and im in alberta now. If I could go back and get it corrected, im wondering if i should go to any border and get it done maybe? just a hope. But CIC told me that they have sent a msg to Fort Erie and CBSA will contact me personally in 30 days. Im just really frustrated cause it seems im the only one whos going through this crap lol. I cant get SIN nor can i apply for student loans for upcoming semesters. CIC agent did confirm that I was indeed a permanent resident regardless of the mistake. Anyone else going through this??

To Wilson, I really appreciate your input but ill take it from here with other people. Next time, it would be better to answer those 5 points i asked, rather than giving someone a generic answer. Nevertheless, I thank you.
Hello,I am a member of this forum since last few years but I am not an expert of Canadian Immigration. I used to read the answeres of Mr.PMM, Quorax,Leon,Wilson,Omm and there are few more senior members who are sincerely contributing to this forum and I appreciate their dedication to help immigration applicants during their busy life. I fully support Mr.Wilson here because his answer is exactly to your subject matter, requesting for urgent help. Every one can understand that he suggested you to contact Call center at the earliest because of your urgency that you cannot get a SIN and so a bank account opening also not possible. Instead of taking the advice, you are acting like a smart guy who knows everything. If you want to hear same kind of stories from others, it seems that you are not seeking any urgent help. If you know that you have to contact call center why didn't you contact them first?. After talking to the Call Center person you should make a post in this forum with your findings and get opinion from interested forum members.