+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent!!! Have you ever used your other name before?

yash32195

Nov 27, 2019
Hi guys,

I have applied for Permanent Residency under CEC last week. My full name as per passport is HARDIK HETBHAI PANDYA and is same in all the documents that I submitted to IRCC has the same name. However, I have used name HARDIK HETKUMAR PANDYA back in India for which I have mentioned in study visa and work visa application when i cam to canada. However, as all my documents now have one name which is HARDIK HETBHAI PANDYA, I decided to not to mention HARDIK HETKUMAR PANDYA to IRCC to minimize any discrepancies. So, I am not sure what can i do about it as I cannot make any changes now. If you could lead me to a right path, it would be grealty appreciated. Can I withdraw my application now and reapply ?

Thanks,

itspossible9

Feb 17, 2021
@justbeelieve Please do not hide any information. If you have used any other name in the past then mention in your profile /application. The system will ask you for the name change document and you can just do same name affedavit. I hope this helps!

Reactions: justbeelieve

justbeelieve

Apr 18, 2021
@justbeelieve Please do not hide any information. If you have used any other name in the past then mention in your profile /application. The system will ask you for the name change document and you can just do same name affedavit. I hope this helps!
Thank you so much! My main concern is, my name wasn't actually changed to something completely different. My middle name just became a part of my given name.

My passport states the following:
Last Name: Sewani
Given Name: Bani Ravi

Ravi is supposed to be my middle name as it's the name of my father, but since the passports issued by my country don't have the middle name option, they just put it in the given name section. A couple of years back, I was advised to correct my info on my birth certificate so that my middle name (Ravi) would now be a part of my given name and would match my passport. So, that's what I did. Now, the corner of my birth certificate has a small paragraph stating "The child's full name is hereby corrected to "Bani Ravi Sewani."

If you were to read this, you wouldn't really notice a difference since it could still be presumed that Ravi is my middle name. They weren't specific enough to state that Ravi is now a part of my given name. However, my passport does still state that Bani Ravi is my given name. My high school diploma also lists my name as Bani R. Sewani.

I don't know what to do. My sister told me to just select no to not overcomplicate things but I am scared as I do want to apply for PR eventually. I'm really confused and I just want the process to be smooth and over as soon as possible. I just don't understand why everything is so inconsistent. Can you please help me? :(

itspossible9

Feb 17, 2021
It may seems complicated to you but visa officer is dealing with hundreds or even thousands of similar cases like you. My best advise will be to add your nick name in profile and just add same name affedavit. You should be good.

Reactions: justbeelieve

justbeelieve

Apr 18, 2021
It may seems complicated to you but visa officer is dealing with hundreds or even thousands of similar cases like you. My best advise will be to add your nick name in profile and just add same name affedavit. You should be good.
Oh I see, thank you so much! So, should I click "yes" for the "have you used any other name before?" and add just my first name (Bani) there? I kind of want to add my middle name there as well as that has always been a part of my name, but then it would end up being exactly the same as the name I use now. Or should I just click no and attach an affidavit?