+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent - Biometrics in USA in USCIS center

shivaramg

May 28, 2016
Only condition when you are not allowed to enter despite valid TRV and POE letter is when your employer is not operational in the province you have applied WP for. Make sure your employer in Canada is operational and you should be good to go. Also create a detailed quarantine plan - they will ask how would you groceries and all in first 14 days, you should have someone in Canada who could help with such things.
sounds good. Thanks

Ryerson2020

Star Member
May 6, 2020
has anyone applied for Canada Study permit from USA and waiting for the decision. I have applied on 6 June 2020 gave bio metric on 21 July 2020 and got correspondence letter on 23 July 2020 but haven't got any decision on my application yet .i was hoping to get it last week. Below is my application status.
Should i go for GCMS notes or wait for 1-2 more weeks.

Review of eligibility
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made

Reactions: PravinDeo

PravinDeo

Star Member
Jul 3, 2020
has anyone applied for Canada Study permit from USA and waiting for the decision. I have applied on 6 June 2020 gave bio metric on 21 July 2020 and got correspondence letter on 23 July 2020 but haven't got any decision on my application yet .i was hoping to get it last week. Below is my application status.
Should i go for GCMS notes or wait for 1-2 more weeks.

Review of eligibility
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made
looks like your application will be approved in few days. As I see your status changed for Review of eligibility "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements." Mine still showing "You application .........will send you message when we start reviewing your eligibility"
My time line is :
Application 12th June
Bio-metric 17th July

Last edited:

Ryerson2020

Star Member
May 6, 2020
let hope for the best , god knows how these IRCC guys are prioritizing the applications even in this forum i have seen an applicant who has filed her application on 8th July and bio metric on 16 or 17 July and she has got the decision on 28th July that's why i thought may be from US you will get the decision with 10-15 days after your bio metric and mine status got changed probably on 18 or 19th July i.e before my bio metric and still waiting for the decision.

RMen

Jun 22, 2020
looks like your application will be approved in few days. As I see your status changed for Review of eligibility "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements." Mine still showing "You application .........will send you message when we start reviewing your eligibility"
My time line is :
Application 12th June
Bio-metric 17th July
@PravinDeo Have you received your biometric correspondence yet? I believe the status changes after you receive it. @Ryerson2020 you are spot on! I have no idea how IRCC is prioritizing requirements. I applied in March in the GTS category which has priority processing within 2 calendar weeks yet I have been waiting since biometrics for 4 weeks and after receiving the correspondence confirmation for 3 weeks!!

PravinDeo

Star Member
Jul 3, 2020
@PravinDeo Have you received your biometric correspondence yet? I believe the status changes after you receive it. @Ryerson2020 you are spot on! I have no idea how IRCC is prioritizing requirements. I applied in March in the GTS category which has priority processing within 2 calendar weeks yet I have been waiting since biometrics for 4 weeks and after receiving the correspondence confirmation for 3 weeks!!
No I have not received correspondence letter yet.

PravinDeo

Star Member
Jul 3, 2020
@RMen did you check if IRCC is waiting on additional information like legal stay in usa,etc etc .. someone said in this forum they had to send additional information.

Going2Can

Jun 25, 2020
Anyone applying for PR from US here?
Did you complete bio metrics and did you get the correspondence letter?

Please share your timeline

RMen

Jun 22, 2020
Any good news this week / today ??
How I wish!! :D Nothing brother looks like it's gonna be a long wait. My employer contacted IRCC on phone, they were of no help. All that was mentioned was there were ongoing delays because of the pandemic, nothing else at all. So all we can do is wait and hope for an update

Ryerson2020

Star Member
May 6, 2020
Check this from another group. This might be our case too. Otherwise by this time we should have got the decision.
=============================================================
This is the timeline of my application:
18th May: Submitted with all documents.
20th July: Biometrics fingerprint.
21st July: Correspondence Letter sent out & Order GCMS note
22nd July: Start to review eligibility.
Application status: fully submitted
--- CIC system showing in progress ---
6th August: Receive GCMS note; decision: approved but passport request letter: on-hold.
Still waiting for IRCC to release the decision.
Is your GCMS telling you that your secondary office being NY or LA? Mine says LA, it is closed for now so I suspect that might be the reason why we haven’t received approval letter.
=============================================================

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/applied-from-u-s-a-fall-2020-study-permit-tracking.697633/page-2

Ryerson2020

Star Member
May 6, 2020
I think we should order GCMS notes. I would take 15- 20 days to get it from IRCC. That's the best option , assumption might be true that our passport request might be for LA (in am talking w.r.t the applications which are complete) and since LA VFS office is closed for time being and that's the reason they might are holding our decision and we have seen cases in this group discussion itself were people got refusal within 10-12 days after providing bio metric.