+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

[URG] Offer of Employment vs Employment Records vs Letter of Employment

oelg0

Feb 26, 2019
Hi!

I have searched the forum before dumping this question. Even though there were some answers, but most of them were either contradicting or very specific to someone's situation.

So, I am gonna make it simple:

- I have been working in Canada for 1 year under an LMIA-exempt, closed work permit,
- have a permanent valid job from the same company,
- and a reference letter for the year that I worked.

Offer of Employment
"You must provide a job offer letter from the employer who wants to hire you. It must be printed on company letterhead, and state that you will be employed permanently in Canada by that company"

I uploaded the permanent job offer.

Employment Records
"You must provide proof of work experience for your current job and for each past position you listed. Proof must include a reference letter from your employer and pay stubs, if you have them"

I uploaded the reference letter + NOA + T4.

Letter of Employment
"An employment letter is an official document printed on company letterhead stating that you will be employed in Canada by that company for a specified period of time."

I have no idea what should be uploaded here?. Sounds like the Offer of Employment

Would really appreciate your input
Thanks

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hi!

I have searched the forum before dumping this question. Even though there were some answers, but most of them were either contradicting or very specific to someone's situation.

- I have been working in Canada for 1 year under an LMIA-exempt, closed work permit,

Offer of Employment
"You must provide a job offer letter from the employer who wants to hire you. It must be printed on company letterhead, and state that you will be employed permanently in Canada by that company"

Is this a new letter (dated recently) for after you become a permanent resident?

Employment Records
"You must provide proof of work experience for your current job and for each past position you listed. Proof must include a reference letter from your employer and pay stubs, if you have them"

Perfect, assuming the reference letter includes all the required details.

Letter of Employment
"An employment letter is an official document printed on company letterhead stating that you will be employed in Canada by that company for a specified period of time."

I have no idea what should be uploaded here?. Sounds like the Offer of Employment

No, the letter of employment is what you have listed above under Employment records. The letter of employment + supporting documents (T4, NOA) combined are "employment records".

Letter of employment = reference letter describing past experience.

karki

Feb 11, 2016
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Winnepig
NOC Code......
4012 and 6311
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
08-02-2019
Hi!

Offer of Employment

Employment Records

Letter of Employment

Letter of employment is your current job, not past. It is provided by your current employer upon request.

Would really appreciate your input
Thanks

oelg0

Feb 26, 2019
I was correct when I said, "contradicting". I got two answers, one is saying "past", the other is saying "future". Anyway, I submitted my application and uploaded both. Thanks!