+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Upfront medical for newborn

Harmansivia

Sep 10, 2017
Hello everyone
We have got passpot request for me nd my spouse
We want to add our 2 months old daughter to our application
Can v snd docs to quebec and Delhi simultaneously??
Cn I go for upfront medical of baby??
Plz rply as soon as possible because we hv to start the processing early

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
Baby is accompanying
1. Let NDVO know via CSE that your application be put on hold as you are waiting for your newborn's CSQ from MIDI. Send Birth Certificate ( certified/notarized) and Passport copy ( if available) with CSE.

2. Reach out to MIDI asking them on what documents they need from your side to generate CSQ. Send them the required documents (forms, fees, birth certificate, passport copy etc.).

3. Once you have CSQ from MIDI, call CIC asking them documents ( forms, fees, birth certificate, passport copy etc.) they need from your side to resume application. Send those documents.

Please do update this thread with your findings.

Reactions: sunnymks

raman8310

Dec 13, 2012
Yes you need following docs
CSQ from midi

Once you have CSQ
1. Updated generic form
2. Updated family info for you and your wife
3. Birth certificate of baby
4. Passport of baby
5. CIC fees receipt
6. CSQ

Cover letter explaining your situation

I think attaching automated response email from CIC with vfs while submitting your passport won't help as CIC require above documents and then they will send medical documents for the baby .

Once medical is passed they ask for passport for stamping

Reactions: sunnymks

Harmansivia

Sep 10, 2017
Yes you need following docs
CSQ from midi

Once you have CSQ
1. Updated generic form
2. Updated family info for you and your wife
3. Birth certificate of baby
4. Passport of baby
5. CIC fees receipt
6. CSQ

Cover letter explaining your situation

I think attaching automated response email from CIC with vfs while submitting your passport won't help as CIC require above documents and then they will send medical documents for the baby .

Once medical is passed they ask for passport for stamping
M sry bt d main question is still unanswered that can I send upfront medical along with the above mentioned documents to CIC

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
Right. So I did some research few days back on this and found out that it depends on DMP if they will allow upfront medical for newborn or not. You need to check with local DMP on this. If their are multiple DMPs in your area then no harm in asking around.

CIC will put your application on hold as soon as you tell them about this family change and will wait for you to send them CSQ for new born + Fees for new born + Updated forms + Documents like Passport copy and Birth Certificate of new born

However if your newborn is added as non-accompanying then CSQ is not required. In this case you won't need to reach out to MIDI and you will directly send all documents mentioned by @raman8310 above. You will take your newborn with you on visitor visa to Canada and then sponsor his PR via Family Sponsorship route. Not a bad option for people who no longer want to deal with MIDI and are in rush to enter Canada. MIDI is unpredictable and I have seen MIDI taking 1-8 months to generate CSQ of newborn. Only downside is that newborn would need visitor visa which shouldn't be a problem and he/she will be on private insurance until he/she gets PR.

raman8310

Dec 13, 2012
Thnks to all for ur valuable responses
TRV temporary resident visa option seems tough for the new born as TRV has a condition that applicant should come back once visa expires..But if the parents are PR then visa officer will know that child will not come back which violates TRV. Condition ..Only if one of the parents is Canadian citizen then you don't need anything..But you can still give try for TRV for your baby

Reactions: APPNOV2014NY

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
TRV temporary resident visa option seems tough for the new born as TRV has a condition that applicant should come back once visa expires..But if the parents are PR then visa officer will know that child will not come back which violates TRV. Condition ..Only if one of the parents is Canadian citizen then you don't need anything..But you can still give try for TRV for your baby
Oh. You are right. TRV seems to be tough ( but not impossible) for newborns. If TRV is refused then TRP is recommended.

https://discuss.settlement.org/topic27393-apply-for-trv-andor-trp--for-my-child.aspx

Harmansivia

Sep 10, 2017
Hello everyone
Today we got our passports bck wd visa till 7th jan
We sbmitted d passports on 1st Nov
The problem here is we have nt yt got baby’s csq and our visa is already stamped
What do u guys suggest shud I do??
Should I take my baby wd me on a visitor visa and then process her application or should I leave her here and then apply for her visa??

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
Hello everyone
Today we got our passports bck wd visa till 7th jan
We sbmitted d passports on 1st Nov
The problem here is we have nt yt got baby’s csq and our visa is already stamped
What do u guys suggest shud I do??
Should I take my baby wd me on a visitor visa and then process her application or should I leave her here and then apply for her visa??
As @raman8310 pointed out earlier, visitor visa for baby is going to be tough. When does your visa expire?