+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Upfront medical and pregnancy

jojee2k6

Sep 6, 2016
Hello everyone, I'm completing my 1 yr experience in march,2019. Already in EE, by march score will be boosted automatically and hope will get ITA in March. Gearing up to apply as CEC inland, collecting focs,etc. Initially, I got my WP from Italy without giving medicals, was wondering:
1) for PR medical is mandatory for CEC inland, though it was not requested when we were applying for WP, SOWP and visitor Visa for child. As we havn't stayed for 6 months in any designated countries in past 10 yrs.
2) if medical is mandatory now, i was thinking to do upfront in february, but my wife is pregnant and due in March/April. What should be the best strategy to go with?
Seniours please advice best course of action in due course. Thanks and Regards!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello everyone, I'm completing my 1 yr experience in march,2019. Already in EE, by march score will be boosted automatically and hope will get ITA in March. Gearing up to apply as CEC inland, collecting focs,etc. Initially, I got my WP from Italy without giving medicals, was wondering:
1) for PR medical is mandatory for CEC inland, though it was not requested when we were applying for WP, SOWP and visitor Visa for child. As we havn't stayed for 6 months in any designated countries in past 10 yrs.
2) if medical is mandatory now, i was thinking to do upfront in february, but my wife is pregnant and due in March/April. What should be the best strategy to go with?
Seniours please advice best course of action in due course. Thanks and Regards!
1) Medical is mandatory for PR.
2) The medical includes an x-ray. Most doctors recommend against having the x-ray while pregnant since this can harm the unborn child. Your wife should speak with her doctor about the x-ray. If he advises against it, she can complete all of the medical apart from the x-ray and then complete the x-ray after the baby is born next year. Note that the application cannot be approved until after she completes the x-ray.

Reactions: jojee2k6

jojee2k6

Sep 6, 2016
1) Medical is mandatory for PR.
2) The medical includes an x-ray. Most doctors recommend against having the x-ray while pregnant since this can harm the unborn child. Your wife should speak with her doctor about the x-ray. If he advises against it, she can complete all of the medical apart from the x-ray and then complete the x-ray after the baby is born next year. Note that the application cannot be approved until after she completes the x-ray.
Thanks @scylla , always been very kind. OK will consult with her OBGN, but we will be postponing x-rays as you highlighted risk factor. So we do upfront, and postpone her X-ray, and on medical request by cic, we upload scanned receipts with UMI Number and in LoE I can explain the cause of xray delay....right? And once we do xray, we will provide accordingly to CIC? Is it correct?
Many thanks!