+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Updating SIN after BOWP approval

june123

Oct 6, 2020
Hi,

My bridging open work permit was approved yesterday on my IRCC account, but I did not receive any email or physical hard copy confirmation of the approval yet. I've been on implied status since May since my post graduation work permit expired. Does anyone know the process to update my Social Insurance Number, since it expired in May? Is there an online webform to submit or it needs to be done in person?

Thanks!

assen89

Jun 30, 2017
Hi,

My bridging open work permit was approved yesterday on my IRCC account, but I did not receive any email or physical hard copy confirmation of the approval yet. I've been on implied status since May since my post graduation work permit expired. Does anyone know the process to update my Social Insurance Number, since it expired in May? Is there an online webform to submit or it needs to be done in person?

Thanks!
What is your timeline?I applied for BOWP on October 5, 2020.

I think you are able to apply for SIN renewal online.

Bis@465

Apr 8, 2020
Hi,

Thanks!
Hope you figure out a solution for this. I'm in the same situation as you were, could you please tell me whether I need to renew my SIN? If yes, how to do it? Thank you

june123

Oct 6, 2020
Hope you figure out a solution for this. I'm in the same situation as you were, could you please tell me whether I need to renew my SIN? If yes, how to do it? Thank you
I got the physical copy of my bridging work permit a few days after the approval and had to renew my SIN, it was renewed up to the date of validity of my new bridging work permit.

Muru10

Jan 7, 2021
Hi,

Thanks!
Hello,

Once you receive your BOWP in the mail, you can apply to update your SIN online (https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/services/sin/apply.html#online) you'll need to scan your BOWP, passport,& proof of address.
All the Best.

Reactions: Cannnada

s-ingh

Star Member
Feb 6, 2018
I got the physical copy of my bridging work permit a few days after the approval and had to renew my SIN, it was renewed up to the date of validity of my new bridging work permit.
Hi
My BOWP has been approved recently and I am waiting for the hard copy. Can you please share how did you update SIN after approval?
Thanks

assen89

Jun 30, 2017
Hi
My BOWP has been approved recently and I am waiting for the hard copy. Can you please share how did you update SIN after approval?
Thanks
When I received my hard copy, I booked an appointment with Service Canada and it got updated. You also have an option of applying online as well.