+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Update citizenship in NEXUS

RocketReach

May 31, 2021
Lol. True. I just logged in to my Nexus account again and it has the option to "Activate Membership Card" so I guess they mailed it. Hopefully, it shows up this week.
To close this out, I received my card on July 14. Just in time for international travel on July 16. Good luck everyone!

Reactions: evdm

evdm

Jun 16, 2017
I, too, got my card yesterday (June 14th) so just under 2 weeks from the interview date.

It printed with Canadian as my citizenship, but the "membership information" section still lists my Netherlands passport as document proving citizenship and allowing entry to US.

I'll probably take a day trip to Niagara at some point and do a walk in to clarify. Would be nice to have the YYZ location open...

Don't recall when the activate card link appeared.

Reactions: RocketReach

Mexontario

Sep 9, 2020
Windsor, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
02-05-2014
Doc's Request.
23-06-2014
AOR Received.
04-06-2014
File Transfer...
23-06-2014
Med's Request
23-06-2014
Med's Done....
07-08-2014
Passport Req..
26-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
18-11-2014
LANDED..........
04-04-2015
To close this out, I received my card on July 14. Just in time for international travel on July 16. Good luck everyone!
Cool. I too received my card sometime this week. Thanks to USPS for not sending informed delivery mails this week. I decided to randomly check my mailbox anyway today and saw Nexus card along with bunch of other mails.

Reactions: RocketReach

NewCad20

Jul 19, 2022
I have this exact situation as well where I need to update my documents to my new Canadian Citizenship.

Question: Am I able to update this at the airport when crossing the border? A friend told me that when he had to update his immigration documents (US Visa), he simply told the US agent when crossing the border that 'he couldn't use his NEXUS as he had to update some documents'. He was then sent into another line where the agent updated his documentation prior to letting him cross.

Does anyone have experience with this? Is this possible or is there a more recommended option.

evdm

Jun 16, 2017
I have this exact situation as well where I need to update my documents to my new Canadian Citizenship.

Question: Am I able to update this at the airport when crossing the border? A friend told me that when he had to update his immigration documents (US Visa), he simply told the US agent when crossing the border that 'he couldn't use his NEXUS as he had to update some documents'. He was then sent into another line where the agent updated his documentation prior to letting him cross.

Does anyone have experience with this? Is this possible or is there a more recommended option.
I don't have experience with this, particularly. However, I'm assuming that you would be sent to the agents who can also do Global Entry Enrollment on Arrival. https://www.cbp.gov/travel/trusted-traveler-programs/global-entry/enrollment-arrival

Mexontario

Sep 9, 2020
Windsor, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
02-05-2014
Doc's Request.
23-06-2014
AOR Received.
04-06-2014
File Transfer...
23-06-2014
Med's Request
23-06-2014
Med's Done....
07-08-2014
Passport Req..
26-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
18-11-2014
LANDED..........
04-04-2015

Not all border posts have the ability to update your TTP documents. They may redirect you to the enrollment center. The best method would be to call the nearest NEXUS enrollment center and see what they have to offer. Some centers (assuming that is the same center where you had the initial interview) update your documents via a simple email.

flyingpbandj

Jan 31, 2018
Coquitlam, BC
Went to the Blaine Nexus enrolment centre this past Saturday to update my citizenship information. No need for an appointment, bring your citizenship certificate and passport.

I wasn’t able to use nexus going into the US, but was advised I could use it on the way back to Canada.

After 24 hours I went online and requested a new card. I made sure my citizenship and documents were already up to date in the TTP portal.

Immigreat81

May 28, 2017
The advice in the previous pages worked well for me. Call CBSA, leave a voicemail. Got a call back to email documents to the Canadian side. It was someone's work email address so I won't be sharing it here.
Also, faxed the documents to the Blaine WA. office (360 366-4380). Received a call the same day saying the information had been updated.

Reactions: mgnlky

harpreethwalia

Star Member
Dec 27, 2017
Just want to update my experience for everyone's reference.

My wife already had nexus (under Indian Citizenship, Canadian PR). I applied separately for me (under Indian Citizen, now Canadian) and for my minor daughter (dual citizen).

We (me and my daughter) were conditional approved long back but then it all went on hold. After becoming Canadian Citizen (all of us), I checked and booked an appointment with Detroit Enrollment center. We went for our interview yesterday. My wife only had to update her Canadian Citizenship, Current address and Driving License information.

For me and my daughter, we provided our passports, my Driving license. The person took our records and updated in their systems. The officer took our picture, fingerprint. No questions. We were provided some information about nexus in general. We were told our Nexus will come with Global Entry and TSA Pre-check. and we should receive it in under 30 days.

My wife already had nexus but since her Citizenship was updated (from India to Canada now) , she was asked to "replace" her nexus card online in 1-2 weeks.

Lapsusone

Dec 21, 2022
I, too, got my card yesterday (June 14th) so just under 2 weeks from the interview date.

It printed with Canadian as my citizenship, but the "membership information" section still lists my Netherlands passport as document proving citizenship and allowing entry to US.

I'll probably take a day trip to Niagara at some point and do a walk in to clarify. Would be nice to have the YYZ location open...

Don't recall when the activate card link appeared.
Hi @evdm

Quick question for you, I have my appointment coming up soon at the border, and I think I'm in a similar situation as yours, as-in I am a permanent resident of Canada, but with a French passport. My question is did you need to apply for ESTA to enter the US for your appointment?

Thanks!