+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Unfair interview process for sponsering parents

arachchiges

Feb 16, 2010
Hi everyone,
I’m sponsoring my mother to Canada. My case has processed in Canada and I’ve qualified to sponsor my mother. They have transferred the file to back home Sri Lanka. After filled out PR application, my mother has been called for medical exam. After the medical exam, they have asked to come for an interview. But, the interview suppose to be before medical exam according “Family Class Sponsorship of parents, grandparents, adopted children and
other relatives” form Appendix C.
I’m PR in Canada as protected person under refugee act. After my mother went for the interview, she has been interviewed about my refugee situation very harshly that she was not prepared. They didn’t ask anything about mother’s own information and her let her know what happens in writing later.

This situation bit awkward and not fair. There is no any reason that they can refuse my mother. But some how they deliberately try to find a reason to refuse the application. However, the result have not been informed yet. But my hunch is result is not likely to be good due to nature of awkwardness.
I feel so sad because I’m the only son and my father is fast away. I’ve no other relatives except my mother since I’m not married and no brothers or sisters. I feel this totally against my humanitarian rights. I’m not sure what to do next.

Please let me know if have any idea what to for my situation. I appreciate your reply.

Thank you

fallenstar831

Nov 8, 2009
St. Catharines, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-11-2009
File Transfer...
22-12-2009
Med's Done....
12-11-2009
Passport Req..
02-05-2010
VISA ISSUED...
02-22-2010
LANDED..........
03-25-2010
I'd wait to hear what the decision is before you get too upset. It could still be positive.

sulo

Star Member
Nov 15, 2009
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-11-2009
File Transfer...
15-12-2009
VISA ISSUED...
13-07-2010
Hi arachchiges,
I am sponsoring my husband from Sri Lanka and I know how frustrating it could get when you are dealing with the CHC-Col. Our file's been in process since Dec. and I dont' have the slightest idea when we'll get any news from them. Dont' be this upset since you haven't heard anything yet. It could still be good news. You never know with our office back home.

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

From this Forum discussions I leanrned that there are occassions for scheduling interviews after medical and even after passport submission. Whatever the CIC decide is correct for them and perhaps may not favourable for you!!.

Be calm and wait for a final decision. If the application is rejected, you can think for an appeal.