+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Unauthorized Work

Mkw1

Jan 17, 2019
Hi all!

I have been on the IEC visa for about a year and half now. Started gaining experience as a special educational teacher in Toronto in November 2017. However, i didn't realise at the bottom of my work permit i was unauthorized to work in healthcare/child care fields for some time. I got these medical restrictions lifted and a new work permit issues in February 2018. This means i was doing unauthorized work for 3 months, but have since had over a year of fully authorized and legal work experience. Will they still reject my application for PR through CEC? I really hope not as i have calculated i have 471 points!

Cheers :)

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
It's hard to "not realize" something printed on the work permit yourself. Your unauthorized work may be discovered during any application process that relies on work experience - and you may find yourself with a six-month ban for unauthorized work.

When you applied for the new work permit in February 2018 (which expires when - February 2019???) did you have to account for the unauthorized work in any way?

Mkw1

Jan 17, 2019
Just never looked at it. Hence the reason why i fixed the mistake as soon as i realized!

And nope, just applied to remove some medical conditions from my permit after i'd done my immi medical, and they sent a new one out to me.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Honestly it is unlikely to be an issue but I would be honest that you missed the requirement and did a medical as soon as you realized. The condition is there to prevent workers exposing more vulnerable people to communicable diseases.

Reactions: Mkw1

Marioncd75

Oct 30, 2021
Hi all!

I have been on the IEC visa for about a year and half now. Started gaining experience as a special educational teacher in Toronto in November 2017. However, i didn't realise at the bottom of my work permit i was unauthorized to work in healthcare/child care fields for some time. I got these medical restrictions lifted and a new work permit issues in February 2018. This means i was doing unauthorized work for 3 months, but have since had over a year of fully authorized and legal work experience. Will they still reject my application for PR through CEC? I really hope not as i have calculated i have 471 points!

Cheers :)
Have you ever tell to the immigration that you did this job?