+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Unable to find FBI PCC scan original was Black&White or was in color

kmsbytes

Star Member
Apr 22, 2018
Category........
Other
Hi all

I got FBI PCC issued in Jan2019. I got scan of same and original was lost somehow. Now last week i realized PCC has to be in coloured only. Now I don't have original to confirm whether Jan2019 issued FBI certificates are fully black&white or they have some colored portions as well (just like indian PCC which has signature etc in color).

I had sent the fingerprint card by post and get responses also by post only. No online download of same.

Can someone please guide and check their FBI PCC issued 2018 late or Jan2019 by postonly and share if the PCC itself is colored or not.
In some 2016 PCCs i saw online, paper appears greenish. I am not sure if its greenish in latest PCCs or not.
Anybody aware if we can get duplicate copy of FBI PCC issued somehow without sending Fingerprint card?

My PCC image is at https://ibb.co/d4LvZy1

Please let me know if case u got FBI PCC around Nov2018-Feb2019 by postal mail preferably delivered in USA address.

Thanks in advance
Kris

OnceMore

Star Member
Sep 2, 2018
Ottawa
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
17-09-2020
AOR Received.
17-09-2020
Not in the time range you are looking for but close. I got mine in July 2020, physical copy mailed to Canada and it has no color but has a faint watermark in the middle covering the whole page. Everything else is similar to yours.
Why/how did you realize that PCC has to be colored? As I mentioned above, my original is itself not colored!

kmsbytes

Star Member
Apr 22, 2018
Category........
Other
PCC colored i realized by reading IRCC rules for PCC. Than i realized my PCC scan of 2 year old FBI PCC is black and worst that originals are not locatable.
I don't have even Watermark so thats the worst part of my story.. I am not sure if there is something secure that scan of this results in no watermark in scan etc?.

kmsbytes

Star Member
Apr 22, 2018
Category........
Other
Not in the time range you are looking for but close. I got mine in July 2020, physical copy mailed to Canada and it has no color but has a faint watermark in the middle covering the whole page. Everything else is similar to yours.
Why/how did you realize that PCC has to be colored? As I mentioned above, my original is itself not colored!
how long does it took for you to get PCC. I used last time postal mail 14weeks kind time. Not sure if postal mail doesn't carry watermark etc.

OnceMore

Star Member
Sep 2, 2018
Ottawa
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
17-09-2020
AOR Received.
17-09-2020
PCC colored i realized by reading IRCC rules for PCC. Than i realized my PCC scan of 2 year old FBI PCC is black and worst that originals are not locatable.
I don't have even Watermark so thats the worst part of my story.. I am not sure if there is something secure that scan of this results in no watermark in scan etc?.
I tried scanning mine and the scanner picked up the watermark. I know what you are talking about but in those cases the scan picks up new information which scans in as VOID or COPY. I haven't seen scans that omit the water mark.

OnceMore

Star Member
Sep 2, 2018
Ottawa
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
17-09-2020
AOR Received.
17-09-2020
how long does it took for you to get PCC. I used last time postal mail 14weeks kind time. Not sure if postal mail doesn't carry watermark etc.
It took 7 weeks for the full trip (from Canada to US and back). I received mine in post and it has watermark. The online version also has watermark. Try calling FBI (I called for a question) and see if they have archives.

kmsbytes

Star Member
Apr 22, 2018
Category........
Other
I tried scanning mine and the scanner picked up the watermark. I know what you are talking about but in those cases the scan picks up new information which scans in as VOID or COPY. I haven't seen scans that omit the water mark.
https://ibb.co/d4LvZy1 this is my scanned pcc somehow i feel watermark wasn't there as quality is pretty good for the machine..

kmsbytes

Star Member
Apr 22, 2018
Category........
Other
yeah i am also trying same. So u used edo method, sign up something online, pay the 18$ online and than by courier send the finger print cards only to them Virginia USA office. In registration we give email on which we will receive the results.
Am i missing something in these steps?

ishakeshavan

Star Member
Oct 27, 2015
yeah i am also trying same. So u used edo method, sign up something online, pay the 18$ online and than by courier send the finger print cards only to them Virginia USA office. In registration we give email on which we will receive the results.
Am i missing something in these steps?
i never received PCC via mail, i just received one in email

kmsbytes

Star Member
Apr 22, 2018
Category........
Other
Just to update, i printed the FBI finger print card on A4 size plain paper from their website, used Inkless fingerprint pad & followed youtube videos and took filled 3 copies of finger print card (just in case some fingerprint is bad in one of them) and then posted by trackable post to FBI office. Once it was delivered, they returned results over email in 2-3 days and by post in 2 weeks. Both documents were identical in post Vs email. So no need to scan/wait for the postal one. My postal address was in Canada so not sure if they send post to far off places or not. But they surely send to USA/Canada.

Anu2017

Aug 11, 2017
Hi,

I got my FBI PCC report today. it is a 2 page pdf.
2nd page is the actual report.
1st page is almost empty - has only my name and address at the bottom, is it normal ?

stanley81

Star Member
Aug 27, 2020
My FBI PCC I've got a year ago was pdf and then a paper version received a week later. Both are identical and b\w. What is required by IRCC - color scan of the pages. So I did color scan of paper pages and attached that.
I know the cases when application was either rejected due to b\w scan when cert is in color itself, or additional doc request to resend a good color scan, then approved.

so it's better to click 'scan in color' even if your paper is b\w and definitely scan in color if page has some colors.

beckhsrules

Star Member
Jul 28, 2020
Ontario
Category........
FSW
Job Offer........
Yes
Hi,

I got my FBI PCC report today. it is a 2 page pdf.
2nd page is the actual report.
1st page is almost empty - has only my name and address at the bottom, is it normal ?
Can you please share the timelines of when you sent the post to them and also what postal service you used? I sent mine on Mar 8 using Canada Post and still no response from them.

Anu2017

Aug 11, 2017
Can you please share the timelines of when you sent the post to them and also what postal service you used? I sent mine on Mar 8 using Canada Post and still no response from them.
I sent via Canada post too. They took 9 business days to process that after receiving my fingerprint card.