+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Uk or canada ?

Kay B

Aug 10, 2010
Hi Guys !

I am a student from Pakistan . I am confused about which country, UK or canada? to choose for my higher education ? Basically I am thinking of a long term settlement in the country in which I will complete my higher education . Now I want to decide that should I choose Uk or canada ? Will Uk or allow me to settle in there country ( citizenship ) or canada ? :-\ which country is better in the case of immigration ?

Guys please help me out in this regard ...

lovebug

Aug 29, 2009
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
May 1st, 2009
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
August 26th, 2009
LANDED..........
June 11th, 2010
NO NO to UK!!!

YES YESSSS to CANADA!!!

me2land

Aug 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This is Canada immigration forum. Don't expect anyone to tell you to go to the UK.

¬m2l

himanshu232

May 19, 2010
I am in the UK and would advise you not to come to the UK. In couple of months I am immigrating to canada and looking at the economic gloom, I will advise you not to come there as well. Education is now business in these countries. I advise you not to go anywhere for study, stay in the Pakistan and progress. It is tough to start a new life in these countries now a days unless you have plenty of money. If you are always short of money and your attitude is to live a miserable life then do come here. But if you wish to settle down with nice family life stay where ever you are. Good luck

YellowTopaz

Star Member
Dec 21, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canada is a better option as far as heigher education is concerned. UK is too expensive and is a small country i think it is better to move to canada.

CharlotteJ

Jul 31, 2009
Kay B said:
Hi Guys !

I am a student from Pakistan . I am confused about which country, UK or canada? to choose for my higher education ? Basically I am thinking of a long term settlement in the country in which I will complete my higher education . Now I want to decide that should I choose Uk or canada ? Will Uk or allow me to settle in there country ( citizenship ) or canada ? :-\ which country is better in the case of immigration ?

Guys please help me out in this regard ...
I myself despite all and anyting, love to live and work in London, UK. in fact, visiting London again in a few days as I never get enough of life there.

UK and specifically London was, is and will always be the Financial Capital of the World but also it offers all that one needs such as arts, history, quality for everything and also natural marvels and beautiful cities and places. It also knows a very large South Asian community all of whom mostly high educated and succesful and knowing how the Brits act at harsh times, they will always be ahead of each and any curve.

Canada is off course a great nation, modern and free, offers high quality of life and other standards but also education wise, but if you like history and/or arts as in Europe or want to be closer to home to Pakistan for future family visits, sure UK is a better choice.

But it is a personal choice, you 've to first see what you like yourself. Perhaps it 'd be better that you visit both Canada and UK and if in UK, hop on Eurostar and visit Brussels, Amsterdam, Paris, Berlin etc and see the continent for yourself too and then decide to where to go and settle.

shekhawatmx

Star Member
Mar 28, 2010
Dubai UAE
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22 May 2009
File Transfer...
16 june 2009 from CIO
Med's Request
26 aug 2009
Med's Done....
8 oct 2009 at mumbai INDIA
Passport Req..
17 feb 2010 by email
VISA ISSUED...
22 march 2010 got pp back on 29 march 2010
LANDED..........
20 Aug 2010
canada without any doubts.

martha marita

Aug 1, 2007
Both countries are good but in terms of settling you will hit a miss to go in UK. You will waste your life and grow old still studying in UK. After doing your postgradu in UK they will give you 2 years WP to work which endorses you to live the country after expiry unless you meet a European to marry you to get idefinate leave to remain. British settlement is not easy according to my experience. If you chose to come to canada, you better have all the fees and living expenses to pay for your education for atleast the duration of time you will be studying. After that the Cic will issue you a WP for some few years to look for work after working you will be able to apply for Canadian experience class. With the ecomic situations in uk its hard to find work now for immigrants but in canada you will be able to blend in easily after sometime. Easy way stay where you are and develop yourself unless you will give your self couple of 2 or 3 years to settle again in a foreign country. Good luck my dear.