lima
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
voided
LANDED..........
april the 4th 2009
Hello everyone!
I did explain my case once, but I just wanted to share with you my update on the PR.
I have been sponsored by my bf as conjugal parners, we were actually living in Canada together for a while til once, coming back after a short visit to my family, I was denied entry at the POE and I was also pregnant. After that incident is when we started our application.
When I found this forum it seemed like very few conjugal parner sponsorships were approved. I actually dont remember reading abotu any success story ...
So we consulted a lawyer who was also very negative about it and said it would be better if we get married and also we will most likely need an interview.
It has been very hard for us to be separated (as I am sure its happening to all of you, being away from your loved ones) especially because our baby who was born in my country.
Few weeks ago we decided to apply for a TRV knowing this is also very hard when there is already a PR application in process, we thought there was nothing to lose (other than the money application of course)
So today I got called from the embassy, they just tell you to go and pick up your passport with the "response" ... I thought I would go and get my passport from the security guard and then find out wether i got it or not. I gotta admit I went to the embassy not feeling too possitive.
Ove there they made me go inside and wait on a roon with some other few people, we would go by one by to an "interview room" . I thought well... this is unexpected, I know they also interview you for TRV but wasnt really expecting it, I thought they would let me know wether this was required or not.
Anyways, long story short, I go to the interview room and they ask me nothing, just show me my passport with a visa and say "this is your permanent residency"... i almost fainted ... then they explained to me I have from this date to this date to land in Canada and give a document they gave me called "confirmation of permanent residency " to the immigration officer when I get to Canada.
I called my bf as soon as I got out there, and we are just sooooo incredibly happy, our baby will be with her parents soon! I had gone to the embassy thinking i was picking up a negative answer to my TRV and got out with permanent residency in 3 months since the embassy received the file from Mississagua, total 4 months!!!
If Conjugal parner sponsorships are so difficult as everybody says then I consider myself extremely lucky, but wether or not this is difficult, Im s grateful to God to want us to be reunited soon, and also my bf worked sooo hard on that application, he did a neat and complete work. Our relationship is real, strong , solid, and we have already started a family, I think proving this with all the documentation we had, was definetely a key point to get this approved with no interview in such a short time. Also I thank to the prayers of our family and friends.

thefairy

Star Member
Nov 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
lima
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
voided
LANDED..........
april the 4th 2009
hello since some of u sent me emails asking me for more clarification, here i go, happy to help.
I was living in Canada last year under a visitor visa ( leaving Canada every 6 months, then coming back) I was living with my boyfriend. I was also (at that time) a green card holder, so I didnt need to request a TRV prior to my trip.
After 6 months staying , I left Canada to visit my family abroad for some weeks, when coming back to Canada I was denied entry and had to come back to my home country. I was already pregnant before I left.
My boyfriend and I decided to apply under the conjugal partner category, since my green card expired and I wasnt able to renew it, and I come originally from a non exempt visa country.
I returned to my country on may 2008
Our baby was born on september 2008
started conjugal partner application on october 2008 (we decided to wait since we needed the x-ray for the medical examination part, and being pregnant I had to wait til delievery)
We submitted the application on october 2008 and same month we got the sponsorship approval.
Application was received by visa office on november 2008
By the beginning of february 2009 we decided to apply for a visitor visa considering the dual intent option.
2 weeks later after I submitted my TRV application I received a call from the embassy asking me to pick up my passport but they wouldnt say more than that.
When I came to the embassy. I found out it was about my PR!! They had decided to approve my application for residency, and since they had already my application for Visitor visa at the embassy, they did not need to contact me to request my passport. They already had my passport there with the TRV application. I was given back all the supportive documents i sent for TRV and PR. They had automattically withdrew my TRV application since they were already granting me PR.
No interview was needed.
We provided tons of proof of our relationship being real, there is of course our daughter too , maybe thats why they skipped the interview part. Because we submitted all we had to show them this is a true comitted relationship , we have already lived together previously and had already started a family.