+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV stuck in background checks

Mazan

Nov 30, 2017
Hi,

I am an Iranian citizen and I have applied for TRV from US in mid September. I have completed my biometrics step on the same day. It has been more than two months since then, but my application is still pending and in stuck in background checks. The website shows:

> We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

I have contacted the CIC regarding this issue and this was their response:
> Please be advised that your application is at our office and is being processed as per our regulatory timeline. Please note that we cannot confirm when your file will be ready for finalization.

Does anyone know how long background checks for TRVs usually take? I have not left the US for more than 5 years and have been on a student visa, so it is very surprising to me why it is taking so long.

Thanks

Nana75

Star Member
Feb 11, 2018
Hi,

I am an Iranian citizen and I have applied for TRV from US in mid September. I have completed my biometrics step on the same day. It has been more than two months since then, but my application is still pending and in stuck in background checks. The website shows:

> We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

I have contacted the CIC regarding this issue and this was their response:
> Please be advised that your application is at our office and is being processed as per our regulatory timeline. Please note that we cannot confirm when your file will be ready for finalization.

Does anyone know how long background checks for TRVs usually take? I have not left the US for more than 5 years and have been on a student visa, so it is very surprising to me why it is taking so long.

Thanks
Hey @Mazan did you get your visa?