24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
Hello,
could you please advise on the following situation. I've been granted a few weeks TRV to Canada, that was mostly based on the letter from my employer that confirmed my returning back home by September. But as soon as I was given 6 months permit to stay in the port of entry (it was a big surprise to us), my husband asks me to resign from my job and stay with him until we hear a response from the Visa Office regarding our sponsorship application.
Could you please advise whether there will be any problems to my sponsorship application if I resign from my job now, in case the Visa Office in Buffalo mentioned in the database about my job as a main matter of issuing visa to me? Will it sound untruthful to them?
Any reply will be appreciated a lot.
Thank you in advance.

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
if anyone can help me in this matter, it would be really much appreciated

MARLENA

Mar 24, 2009
Did you submit an outland application???. If you did i don't suggest you to do that since it will have a big effect on the decision. In my opinion it will be a RED flag and mispresentation. Since you provided them with evidence that your intention is going back at the end of visa stick with it.
They trusted your word and your letter, don't turn around and change things just after the fact.... once they know your intention was not there that could put you in a lot of trouble with them.
Again I'm just providing you with my opinion!!!!

rorita_76

Feb 11, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July-3-2009
Hey Suin, I am with Marlena opinion, once they discover a lie, they might don't like it at all, go for a vacation and return as you have told them, I am sure you will be done soon, and be happy that at least you got a visitor visa to see your husband, it is hard to get while you have a sponsorship in process.
Between, Marlena, how is your preparation for your trip to Lebanon, when you reach the airport, say hey to lebanon from my part..:)

MARLENA

Mar 24, 2009
Rorita you make me laugh when you said hello to Lebanon. Of course I will just for you :0). Do you need anything from Lebanon?????
I was talking with my husband yesterday and we were kind arguing about renting a chalet. He wants to rent a furnished appartment in the heart of beirut while I'm trying to convince him to rent it in Jounieh. I need to be near the beach and far away from all noises and people. I need to relax and enjoy every minute of my time over there because I won't probably go back for another 20 years down the road.
Any suggestion on nice place near Beirut. Do you know where I can rent a good chalet with a nice view....
How's your life in Windsor. Are you start getting use to everything in general. I'm sure your husband know everything but if you need any help I'm here :eek:). Also we can chat on msn if you want.
BTW if it true the month of September in Lebanon the majority don't swim anymore because it get colder????or is it my husband who is trying to make me believe in order for him to rent in Beirut instead :0(.

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
Thank you for all your replies. I appreciate it a lot.

Our matter is a bit complicated. My husband wants our child to be born in Canada, as he doesn't trust my country's medical service - that is actually true. And my pregnancy is not going so smooth. If I return back home, by the time we'll get reply on our sponsorship I will be in that condition that will not let me to travel.
I really do not know what to do. I can return back to my country, but here is a matter of a child involved.
I still have time to make a decision, but it's really hard to do

rorita_76

Feb 11, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July-3-2009
Marlena, thank you in advance for saying hey to Lebanon..
About the chalet, I am not sure that you still can find an available one in Jounieh, cause as far as I have heared, everything, and I mean everything is booked, even the roofs...:))) , In beirut and a view is a little bit hard..so what I suggest is Broumanah, Mansourieh, Ain Saade, not far from the heart of beirut, but in the same time it is less noizy and has very lovey view, and I guess less expensive than in Beirut.
...and yes, your husband is not liying, the swim season in lebanon is between the begining of May till , lets say the begining of September, cause the weather get cold as well the water, and over all people are getting ready to send their children to school...so they rarely go to the beach.
I am doing very well, and I have gotten used to everything here, it is like I am here since ages, the city is very lovely, the people are extremly friendly, they make me shy sometime, specialy when they think I am still in school..:)) cause I don't show my 33 years..Sure we can chat on msn later, by the way, here is an advice, take some mid-season clothe with you, cause september in lebanon, in the morning cool, then hot , then cool in the night...talk to you later

rorita_76

Feb 11, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July-3-2009
Well, if you are pregnant, I guess that changes the issue, does the immigration know that you are pregnant, if so, I guess if you come to canada, and stay and let the immigration know that you are going to stay because you are pregant, and it is hard for you to travel back home and it is dangerous for the baby to travel..so I guess it is Ok, as long as we tell them everything.
Good luck

MARLENA

Mar 24, 2009
Rasha, Bonuck, Rorita, PMM, Leon need your help!!!Re: TRV and sponsorship

Suin I'm sorry to say but you had never mentioned your pregnancy before!!!
First you are not even approved for your outland application! so even if you try to stay in Canada at some point you must return back to your country for your PR visa. All I know you are doing something different what you had told the immigration to grant you the visa and if they ever find out about you intention they wouldn't grant you visa from the first place and your chances to be approved for PR is very slim.
Did you mention you are pregnant in your application!!!! Since how long did you applied.
Rasha, Boncuk, PMM, Leon any input on this!!!!!!

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
when I was in Buffalo for the TRV application and interview I was very truthful to them. I mentioned in my application that I was pregnant and also I gave them the ultrasound proof of my pregnancy that was done a day before my application. And the Visa Officer was talking about my pregnancy to me too - so she knew that I was pregnant and she also was aware of that both my previous pregnancies had complications.
The matter is that my husband had problems at home and had to return back to Canada, but he just couldn't leave me pregnant in the US and asked them to grand me visa for a few weeks before my flight. After two refusals we didn't put any much hope onto granting visa, but the Visa Officer decided to give it to me.
My husband is very stubborn and he insists on my staying with him in Canada for the safety of the kid, but my work employer says that I must resign or return. That makes me really concerned what my home Visa Office can think of my stay in Canada.

MARLENA

Mar 24, 2009
One thing that crossed my mind. Did you mention to the IO when you were granted your visa that you had an outland application in process!!! Perhaps they knew since it will be recorded in their system but not sure.
BTW how long are u far in your pregnancy to determine if it will not effect your application. How far are you in your second stage approval???
Anyways wait and see what the others may suggest..
I'm just afraid even if you have been granted visa when you at the port of entry hopefully they won't give you any hard time...
Good luck!!!

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
yes, while applying in Buffalo we were as truthful as we could - I submitted a letter from Mississauga about our 1st stage approval and my file transferred to my local Visa Office. They knew it all.
Our sponsorship was approved a month ago and still no news from the local Visa Office about them starting the process.

MARLENA

Mar 24, 2009
How many months did you ask for your visit??? Usually from my past experience when you arrive to Canada at the port of entry they will ask you a lot of questions and one of them for how long are you planning to stay and grant you between 3 to 6 months.
Let's say during your TRV visit. IO had sent you a letter requesting an inteview (worse case scenario) or even your passport. Are you willing to go back even if you still didn't deliver yet....??? you have to think about any situation may raise during your outland application while it still in process.
You really have to sit and discuss it with your husband. It's not an easy situation.
What is important now is your outland application. You don't want anything to effect the decision.

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
We asked just for three weeks before my flight home and they gave me such a visa with 3 weeks mentioned in it. But at the port of entry they said that they don't want to see a married couple to part so quickly and stamped a 6 moths permit to stay - they even didn't ask us - it was a great surprise for us, as in my mind I was set to return back on my visa expiry at the end of August.
As soon as my husband saw that 6 months stamp he became stubborn and insisting on my stay till hearing from the local Visa Office that is in Europe. as my previous pregnancies were with complications he doesn't want anything to happen to this kid and wants me to stay with him till we hear the decision. It might happen that they will ask just for my passport that is easy to send to them.
But if they ask for the interview we will ask for having that interview being postponed till after the delivery of the baby as by that time it will be really almost impossible for me to travel.

MARLENA

Mar 24, 2009
So you are in Canada with your husband right now!!!. If you are than don't worry about it much . Worse case scenario you can also extend your visit before the expiry of your visa. Hopefully the decision in your favour without asking for an interview other than submitting your passport.
I know IO's at the port of entry are nice because my husband had asked only for 4 weeks visit and they gave him 3 months but we weren't married at the time.