The Middle East
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys,

Just arrived safely in downtown Toronto last 20th July. The landing process was not difficult at all. It was a slow day and we were the only ones in the immigration office. All he asked for was our COPR papers, address where the PR card is to be mailed, and asked us to show him the POF we brought with us but did not make me count the money. We did not bring a GTF list and the GTB list he did not even ask for.

The following day we went to the service canada centre at the city hall to get our SIN. Then to scotiabank to open an account and an approved credit card. Tomorrow we will apply for the child tax benefit and look for a permanent place to live. Next week I have a job interview so wish me luck!

The weather is wonderful. I am so glad we did not land during winter. Good luck to all of us :)

aliyah1523

Oct 25, 2009
"The last chapter of my life has been written, and
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 19,2009
Doc's Request.
Jan 25,2010
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
May10,2010
IELTS Request
Feb22,2010
File Transfer...
Feb10,2010
Med's Request
July 31, 2010
Med's Done....
August 5 , 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
September 22, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
November 09, 2010
Trinaincanada I have been watching your progress and all. Congrats :) and good luck on your interview next week.

queen latifah

Star Member
Mar 29, 2010
Hey TrinaInCanada, glad you've reached safely=) I'm gonna be landing on Aug 12, so I was wondering what the weather was like when you meant "wonderful"...has autumn started to set in, or is it still summer time?? btw, are you filipino??

ramosorevitno

Jun 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-06-2005
Doc's Request.
15-07-2005
AOR Received.
16-11-2005
IELTS Request
done
File Transfer...
done
Med's Request
done
Med's Done....
20-02-2009, 12-05-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-09-2010
LANDED..........
Hopefully this December...
Congratulations! I wish all your dreams will come true.

Best regards to your family.

trinatocanada

Dec 18, 2008
The Middle East
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks all :) I'll keep you all posted as best I can. If all goes well then I will probably be employed by next week.

Oh and its true what they say... the people here are all nice, friendly and helpful :) well at least those that we have met til now.

@queenlatifah - Yup I'm Filipino. Everyone's wearing summer clothes and flip flops or sandals. Right now its around 27 degrees at noon with 55% humidity. Coming from the middle east; for us this weather is lovely. I don't think the fall is going to start til September so you might be able to enjoy the same weather we're having right now when you arrive in August.

trinatocanada

Dec 18, 2008
The Middle East
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
queen latifah said:
OMG!!! from where in Phils are you?? Im from Pasay City!! born and raised sa Pinas and a true blue La Sallian!!
My family lives in Marikina and have been there for generations. I don't know that many La Sallians; not since high school anyway. Well its nice to meet a true "Blue" La Sallian who is not ashamed to call themselves "Blue", hehe. Good luck on your landing and I wish you well on your new life in Canada :)

piolo

Star Member
Mar 30, 2009
Hi Trina,

I am very happy for you and you serve as a model and inspiration to us Physical Therapists
here in the UAE.

So naka landing na pala kayong family, and may job interview ka na agad in a few days, congrats talaga!!
You serve as in inspiration to us here because you prepared well for your landing like your registration to the
Alliance of Physio, your on line studies, a big preparation before you land. I've got one friend here in the
hospital who hurried his application on fast track, got his visa in just 8 months then went straight to canada
without much preparation as you did, and got no job at his liking and re applied here again in the hospital
in the Uae probably to start all the preparations for his licensure exams, exactly what you did.

Congrats again and please keep on participating on this forum most especially on matters relating to
our profession. At least nasa new 29 list pa rin ang Physio, so talagang may shortage in all of canada?
I am still waiting for my request for document letter under the old SAP. Okey na rin sa akin as I still keep on
saving and start my registration for the alliance. For the meantime I am giving my best to my patients here
in the UAE, a country that gave me/us a great opportunity. We share the same thoughts on these 2 countries,
the UAE and Canada. I love your previous post regarding these 2 countries and our beloved country.

Thanks trina and congrats again!!

Pasi

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2009
Toronto
Congrats trinatocanada !! I am landing in Toronto on Aug 13. Thank you for providing information about your landing experience. That was helpful.

trinatocanada

Dec 18, 2008
The Middle East
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@piolo - gee, thanks hehe. I don't know if I deserve such praise. I could only have prepared so much but still leave the rest to faith, courage and prayers. I will be lying if I said that I am not scared and worried. It is tempting to go back to the UAE where I have worked for six years; tax free and could buy anything I wanted but I remind myself constantly that the UAE is a great place to save up but not to raise the kind of family that I want my family to become. So if I go back, the longer it will only take to achieve that dream right? So... nope... no turning back. If I become successful, the Lord knows that I will pay it forward. My heart is racing as I type this post; because as I told you I am still scared. So please continue to pray for me and I too will be praying for everyone who ever had the courage to better their families lives by diving into the uncertain. This is the stuff that dreams are made of.

pammi

Star Member
Feb 18, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-11-2008
Doc's Request.
17-06-2009
Med's Request
22-9-2009
Med's Done....
12-10-2009
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
5 -11-2009
VISA ISSUED...
28-1-2010
LANDED..........
landed on 24 june toronto
Hi trina
good to see u here.I have also landed in june.Remember me an occupational therapist from kuwait.I have given my licencing exam on 3 july here.
regards and congratulations

Honolulu

Jan 14, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 25th 2009 ( at Sydney)
LANDED..........
December 29th
Congrats Trina!! Enjoy Canada!
Can you please let me know if you were carrying actual DD or checks as POF or did you carry a bank statement as POF?
Thanks

trinatocanada

Dec 18, 2008
The Middle East
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi pammi, ofcourse I remember you and Im sure you did well on your exam :)

@honolulu - I brought the whole amount in cash. UAE exchangers do not issue bank drafts anymore and the bank's rate were just too low for me so I decided to bring it in cash.

Yahoo India

Feb 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 2010
Doc's Request.
15-03-2010
AOR Received.
27-04-2010
IELTS Request
03-2010
File Transfer...
15-03-2010
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
As soon as I get Visa
Congratulations Trina

We you a very best of luck for your future endeavors in Canda. May God be with you and shower blessings to all of us.

As you have a interview, did you apply for the job once you landed in Canada or did you apply from outside canada, please give some info.

Best of luck for your interview too.

Take care.