+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travelling Outside Canada

Vic1030

Jun 18, 2014
Hi Everyone,

Please help me, I have a PR under family sponsorship & I am planning to flight this Oct 10 to Montreal, I just want to know if I can travel outside Canada after 2 weeks and return to Canada after 3 months? What is the possible problem I am dealing with?Thank you very much.......Vic

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
So you are completing a PR landing Oct 10 ? If so you will need a Canadian address for your PR card.

You can leave Canada without any issue but in order to return by plane you will either need your PR card to have been mailed or couriered to you or you will need to apply for a PRTD from outside Canada. Either are required to board a plane other than that no problem at all leaving in 2 weeks and returning in 3 months.

Initial PR cards by the way can take 6-8 weeks to arrive. There is no published time for PRTD applications which can vary based on the country applying from so keep that in mind if you have a fixed return date.

Last edited:

Vic1030

Jun 18, 2014
Thank you very much for your reply.

I have another question, if my point of entry is Quebec Montreal, is it possible if i will flyback in canada, my destination is Winnepeg? Is it possible?thank you