+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travelling abroad before PPR

Ashare

Star Member
Feb 24, 2016
Hello everyone

I am may CEC inland applicant.
I am planning to visit india for a month in August.
I wanted to know what should I do if I receive PPR while I am in India ?
Within how many days do we have to send passport upon receiving the request?
I am on my PGWP now till December 2019.

I would highly appreciate your responses
Thank you so much

rezafc

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-08-2014
Hello everyone

I am may CEC inland applicant.
I am planning to visit india for a month in August.
I wanted to know what should I do if I receive PPR while I am in India ?
Within how many days do we have to send passport upon receiving the request?
I am on my PGWP now till December 2019.

I would highly appreciate your responses
Thank you so much
Hi there,

Not sure for how long are you going to stay in India. But if it's long then I'd definitely update CIC on your address in India. It's your responsibility to do so. Also once you receive your PPR in India and suppose that you send out your passport to Canada, the stamped passport will get back to a Canadian Address , in this case your current Canadian Address, unless you have already changed it to India, then you have to send your passport to the embassy and possibly pick it up yourself.

This is what is written at the footer of your PPR:

The requested information/documents must be received in our office within 60 days from the date of this letter. Failure to do so could result in the refusal of your application.

So basically you have 60 days to submit your passport. Rules might have changed or updated. Stay put for more feedbacks on this.

Best of luck,

Ashare

Star Member
Feb 24, 2016
Hi there,

Not sure for how long are you going to stay in India. But if it's long then I'd definitely update CIC on your address in India. It's your responsibility to do so. Also once you receive your PPR in India and suppose that you send out your passport to Canada, the stamped passport will get back to a Canadian Address , in this case your current Canadian Address, unless you have already changed it to India, then you have to send your passport to the embassy and possibly pick it up yourself.

This is what is written at the footer of your PPR:

The requested information/documents must be received in our office within 60 days from the date of this letter. Failure to do so could result in the refusal of your application.

So basically you have 60 days to submit your passport. Rules might have changed or updated. Stay put for more feedbacks on this.

Best of luck,
Thank you so much for reply!
Really appreciate it
I’ll be in india for 28 days. So I’m hoping it will work out, if I receive PPR when I’m in India I can come back to Canada and send it
And one more question
Once we send Passport how long does it take on an average to get it back ?

rezafc

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-08-2014
Thank you so much for reply!
Really appreciate it
I’ll be in india for 28 days. So I’m hoping it will work out, if I receive PPR when I’m in India I can come back to Canada and send it
And one more question
Once we send Passport how long does it take on an average to get it back ?
No problem. Just to make sure, ask another person or call CIC for confirmation on the PPR request deadline.

Once you send your passport it usually takes one to two weeks to get it back stamped. 90% of the time, depending on your address, it will be at your doorstep in a week.

Best of luck mate,

Ashare

Star Member
Feb 24, 2016
No problem. Just to make sure, ask another person or call CIC for confirmation on the PPR request deadline.

Once you send your passport it usually takes one to two weeks to get it back stamped. 90% of the time, depending on your address, it will be at your doorstep in a week.

Best of luck mate,
Thank you so much !

Reactions: rezafc