+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Traveling on landing document?

movais

Sep 10, 2018
Hello everyone,

I did my landing the other day, now i am in bit of a problem.

I have one of my work seminar coming up (which is really important and mandatory) for which i need to fly out of Canada. The border agent told me, i cannot travel out of Canada unless i have a PR card. The Landing Document will not be sufficient. I just want to confirm this information. If this is true, do you guys have any idea how long it take for PR card to come? I am traveling on 20th March.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hello everyone,

I have one of my work seminar coming up (which is really important and mandatory) for which i need to fly out of Canada. The border agent told me, i cannot travel out of Canada unless i have a PR card. The Landing Document will not be sufficient. I just want to confirm this information. If this is true, do you guys have any idea how long it take for PR card to come? I am traveling on 20th March.
This is correct. The COPR is not a travel document. You have 4 options, assuming that you don't have a USA passport.

1) don't travel.
2) wait for the PR card or get someone to courier it to you.
3) apply for a PRTD when you arrive at your destination. You can't do it before you leave.
4) cross the USA land border in private transport or by foot.

PR cards take a couple of months.

c.cruz91

Star Member
Sep 26, 2018
Winnipeg, MB
Hello everyone,

yes, as the agent told you, you cannot leave Canada until you have your PR card. Otherwise, you won't be able to re-enter. I've read PR cards take up to 2 months to be issued.
Perhaps you can apply for a Permanent Resident Travel Document (see link below), but you must be outside Canada to apply and I don't know how complicated or fast the process is. However, I would advice you not to leave Canada, until you have your PR card. Try talking to your boss and explain them your situation.
Best of luck!

movais

Sep 10, 2018
This is correct. The COPR is not a travel document. You have 4 options, assuming that you don't have a USA passport.

1) don't travel.
2) wait for the PR card or get someone to courier it to you.
3) apply for a PRTD when you arrive at your destination. You can't do it before you leave.
4) cross the USA land border in private transport or by foot.
Hey thanks, how long does it take for PRTD as i am there only for 4 days?

c.cruz91

Star Member
Sep 26, 2018
Winnipeg, MB
Hello everyone,

I forgot the link

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/new-immigrants/pr-travel-document.html

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
Hello everyone,

Mine took around 50 days to come. You can track yours by linking your PR card application with your CIC account. But I know this is not the answer you are looking for.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013