+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travel to US for work from Canada

prats_k

Nov 21, 2019
I got COPR and I will be moving to Canada from India in March. My company has an office in US and asked if I will be able to travel there 3 times a week.

How easy is it to get a visa for US from Canada? Do I need to wait till I get the PR card? My company was also asking if it was possible to work remotely for the Indian branch till the time I can start working for the US office.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I got COPR and I will be moving to Canada from India in March. My company has an office in US and asked if I will be able to travel there 3 times a week.

How easy is it to get a visa for US from Canada? Do I need to wait till I get the PR card? My company was also asking if it was possible to work remotely for the Indian branch till the time I can start working for the US office.
Do you have a visa to work in the US?

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
So if you do not get approval to work at all in the US other than occasional business meetings through a B1/B2 visa do you have a plan B ? No issue as a PR working in Canada remotely whether for India or US office.

By three times a week are you planning to live near the border and commute each day or would this be a 3 day trip keeping in mind you still need to meet the Canada residency obligation..