+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Track your PR card timeline and processing times here

leoboy15

Feb 23, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Ok thanks. No we just landed on 13-11-17, so well inside the PR obligations. However I don’t have a just cause like a college enrollement but for work reasons I left as I didn’t complete work contract which I want to end by April 2018 to maximize my end of term indemnities and to better prepare for final exit from current resident country.
I would recommend you put up your documents for PRTD and also attach a letter stating that you had to come back to dispose of your personal assets before your could finally settle in Canada, once and for all. This is a valid and genuine reason in your case.

Reactions: Omidahomie

shivam.bansal88

Star Member
Mar 16, 2016
Hi everyone, I landed at Sarnia on Nov. 12 and I just got an email from CIC saying that they got my application of PR card on Dec. 29. Does anyone have the similar experience? It's so weird. Why they just got my application? I was expecting my PR card coming these two weeks cause it has already been 6 weeks since I landed. But I don't think I can get it now.....
Hi

Atleast you have got an email. I haven't got any email stating that your PR application has been received or something like that. Could you please put some light on email thing?

shivam.bansal88

Star Member
Mar 16, 2016
Hi All,

We received our PR cards (mine and those of the wife and the son) today.

Thank you all for the support in this journey and all the very best for the PR card process and for a great future in Canada.

Just reiterating timelines:-
Landed at the Pearson Airport, Toronto - 28th Oct, 2017
Linked all of our PR cards applications to myCIC account - 4th Nov, 2017
Additional Documents Status changed to "Being Reviewed" - 14th / 15th Dec, 2017
PR cards applications approved - 19th Dec, 2017
Status of applications changed to "Approved" (above status being reflected) in myCIC account - 21st Dec, 2017
PR Cards Received via Canada Post in Brampton, ON - 2nd Jan, 2018

Hi

What do you mean by 'Linked all of our PR cards applications to myCIC account - 4th Nov, 2017' ? Is this something we need to do after landing? I am hearing this thing for the first time that you need to link PR cards application? Can you throw some light on this aspect?

Thanks
Shivam

whimsical

Jul 21, 2016
Hi

What do you mean by 'Linked all of our PR cards applications to myCIC account - 4th Nov, 2017' ? Is this something we need to do after landing? I am hearing this thing for the first time that you need to link PR cards application? Can you throw some light on this aspect?

Thanks
Shivam
Hi Shivam,

Login to your profile.

You can find a tab that reads "Link an existing application to this account".
Click on it and fill the details.
After completion, you can track your PR Cards process.

It is not mandatory, but people do it to track the PR Card application progress.

Good luck !!

Sunny_CV

Star Member
Mar 29, 2015
Hi All,
My son(9 months old) has Australian passport and the Place of Birth written on it is Randwick. I tried all combinations like Randwick, (Randwick, Sydney), (Randwick, New South Wales) in Upper- Lower Case and with '/' as separator but nothing worked. Can you someone suggest what am I missing here? I am able to link my and my spouse application successfully with CIC account and we have Indian passports. Thanks in advance.

Mumbai_Indians

Star Member
Oct 15, 2016
Hi

Thanks
Shivam
Hi,

It is not necessary to link your PR card application to your myCIC account. But if you do that, you will get status updates regarding PR card applications in your myCIC account.

Mumbai_Indians

Star Member
Oct 15, 2016
Hi All,
My son(9 months old) has Australian passport and the Place of Birth written on it is Randwick. I tried all combinations like Randwick, (Randwick, Sydney), (Randwick, New South Wales) in Upper- Lower Case and with '/' as separator but nothing worked. Can you someone suggest what am I missing here? I am able to link my and my spouse application successfully with CIC account and we have Indian passports. Thanks in advance.
Try writing the entire city name in capital and exactly as per his Australian passport. Good luck!