+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tourism vs Family Visit

hope2018

Champion Member
Mar 14, 2018
I am a PR in Canada, my parents are planning to visit Canada for tourism purpose and visit me as well (1.5 - 2 months)

What should be selected as a purpose of visit, tourism or family visit? Intent is to do both.
They would be staying at my place but have sufficient funds to bear the expenses on their own too.
And they would be adding their own financial statements/supportings along with online application.

I noticed that invitation letter becomes mandatory when family visit is selected whereas for tourism it is not.

Just want to understand what is the correct reason to be selected when parents of a PR visit Canada.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I am a PR in Canada, my parents are planning to visit Canada for tourism purpose and visit me as well (1.5 - 2 months)
It's advisable to have well-defined visit plans.... and not undecided dates for their return.

What should be selected as a purpose of visit, tourism or family visit? Intent is to do both.
Family visit

They would be staying at my place but have sufficient funds to bear the expenses on their own too.
And they would be adding their own financial statements/supportings along with online application.
That's good.

I noticed that invitation letter becomes mandatory when family visit is selected whereas for tourism it is not.

Just want to understand what is the correct reason to be selected when parents of a PR visit Canada.
You can provide an invitation letter + your documents, right? It would improve their chances of TRV approvals