+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Total working hours?

pls-answer

Star Member
Dec 9, 2017
Hello,

This is my second question in relation to my PR application un CEC.

I did a part-time, which was normally from 25 to 30 per week.
Under the same NOC, I am working full-time at the moment.

1. Can I use the hours I worked when I was a part-time towards my PR application along with those of my current full-time job?

2. Do I need a reference letter from the previous employer as well?

Your asnwers/advice/etc. will be highly appreciated.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1 - You can use them as long as you were not a full-time student in Canada during that time.

2 - Yes as you are trying to claim the work period that you worked for such employer.

ravidgohil@gmail.com

Mar 8, 2017
1 - You can use them as long as you were not a full-time student in Canada during that time.

2 - Yes as you are trying to claim the work period that you worked for such employer.

Does working while on official break during study in Canada counts? (Does working after final exam of last semester counts?) Please advise. Thank you

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hello,
I did a part-time, which was normally from 25 to 30 per week.
Under the same NOC, I am working full-time at the moment.

1. Can I use the hours I worked when I was a part-time towards my PR application along with those of my current full-time job?

You can, as long as the job meets the other eligibility requirements, but it has to be pro-rated. You add up the actual hours worked (you cannot count more than 30 hours per week), and divide by 30. That will give you the full-time equivalent # of weeks.

2. Do I need a reference letter from the previous employer as well?

? You need a reference letter and supporting documents for any job that you list in your profile to meet eligibility requirements and/or earn CRS points.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Does working while on official break during study in Canada counts?
No, you are still working under a study permit.

Does working after final exam of last semester counts?
You stop being a student on the last day of your final semester (usually not the same date as your final exam date), OR your graduation date - I believe you can use the date that your final grades are issued. Until then, you are a student and the experience does not count.

After you stop being a student, you are permitted to work as soon as you have submitted your PGWP application, and this work experience may count. If there is a gap between your last day as a student and the day you apply for your PGWP, you are not authorized to work during that gap (and it will not count).

Last edited: