+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Todo - After landing in Canada (Montreal) first time.

caditpro80

Nov 19, 2022
Hi
I will be going to Montreal on PR visa for the first time for 1 week( soft landing). May I know what task should I do when I land in montreal.

1) Get SIN
2) Open Bank Account
3) Register for Health Card

Any advice

Regards

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi
I will be going to Montreal on PR visa for the first time for 1 week( soft landing). May I know what task should I do when I land in montreal.

1) Get SIN
2) Open Bank Account

Any advice

Regards
How are you eligible for health care if you are doing a soft landing? Assume you are living in Quebec and can meet Quebec residency requirements.

How will you get your PR card?

caditpro80

Nov 19, 2022
Hi,
Thank you for your reply. I am not in Canada. I will be coming to Montreal (Canada) for the first time.

For the PR card, Can I use my friend's or USP mail box address? Please advice.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi

1) Get SIN
2) Open Bank Account

Any advice

Regards
If you are soft-landing, then you can do #1 and #2 but will want to hold off on #3 until you have actually moved to Canada to live here.

For both #1 and #2, you'll need to provide a Canadian address.

Reactions: Naturgrl

caditpro80

Nov 19, 2022
Hi,
Thank you for your help.

I got my COPR(Quebec). can I give my friend's address for PR card delivery? Who lives in Vancouver Canada. Is this possible?

citizenshipcanada

Sep 1, 2011
Hi,
Thank you for your help.

I got my COPR(Quebec). can I give my friend's address for PR card delivery? Who lives in Vancouver Canada. Is this possible?
where are you going to land first ,cause the rule about COPR is as follows :
When you are approved as an an immigrant for permanent residence in Canada, they will give you a Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) document. An immigration officer at the port of entry or an IRCC office signs and dates this document when permanent residence is finally granted.( trying to understand if you are going to land and move to another province ...Vancouver Canada ? )

Reactions: Naturgrl