+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

Jahprovideesp

Apr 15, 2018
Let me guess that your child has been attending school. Your family arrived knowing they will be visitors. Like any other visitor joining a PR they do not qualify for healthcare in many provinces. This has nothing to do with being a refugee. This would be the case for a PR who entered Canada through an economic program. Given that your application has been processed much faster than others and your family was able to join you I would feel like you would feel very lucky compared to many other refugee claimants and protected people. And the biggest point is that Canada is providing a safe living environment. Complain to the government if you feel like there isn’t enough resources allocated to immigration but please stop criticizing the workers who are clearly overwhelmed and are trying to process application as soon as possible.

I don't support Criticising of the Government. It's uncalled for because they are doing everything to help from day One.

Yes US or many European Countries can't offer what Canadian Government does offer Refugee.

@canuck78, you're most time very hard and uncaring with your comment which is UnCanadian but sometimes I totally agree with you.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I don't support Criticising of the Government. It's uncalled for because they are doing everything to help from day One.

Yes US or many European Countries can't offer what Canadian Government does offer Refugee.

@canuck78, you're most time very hard and uncaring with your comment which is UnCanadian but sometimes I totally agree with you.
Not caring and being realistic is very different. I also have had to wait a very long time for things. Instead of calling workers lazy I realize that that the system is overwhelmed and I just have to wait my turn. That is very Canadian.

Jahprovideesp

Apr 15, 2018
Not caring and being realistic is very different. I also have had to wait a very long time for things. Instead of calling workers lazy I realize that that the system is overwhelmed and I just have to wait my turn. That is very Canadian.

I Repeat, I don't support calling any works Lazy Fat Ass.

We're all facing different challenges but must appreciate Canadian Government. My Family applied for Travel Document but we received only One Travel Document instead of 4.

Yet I'm not angry because I know there's so much fear and Uncertainty around the World currently.

My Brothers waiting for DM, Please let's remain focus because We All Need to be United to Win this War COVID-19 after that our Life can return normal.

It's not safe out there, Amazon works are getting Covid-19 from Packages.

Let's focus of War against COVID-19.

Reactions: 9990

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You said it all. Bravo
Was born in Canada and if I was anti-refugee or against immigration why would I give answers. See plenty of other Canadians who are truly against immigration/refugees say go home to your country which I have never said. I also know that the people who are applying for asylum and the protected people are the lucky refugees. There are millions of refugees or IDPs in camps or living in substandard conditions all over the world just barely surviving with very little opportunities. When I hear complaining I imagine all those millions of people who would be happy to wait if it got them out of their current situation.

Jahprovideesp

Apr 15, 2018
Even if you're born Canadian, then what about your Parent? There must be a beginning.

I know there are alot of people out there but try to be constructive while making comments so you won't be sending different meaning

Reactions: jack_2001

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I Repeat, I don't support calling any works Lazy Fat Ass.

We're all facing different challenges but must appreciate Canadian Government. My Family applied for Travel Document but we received only One Travel Document instead of 4.

Yet I'm not angry because I know there's so much fear and Uncertainty around the World currently.

My Brothers waiting for DM, Please let's remain focus because We All Need to be United to Win this War COVID-19 after that our Life can return normal.

It's not safe out there, Amazon works are getting Covid-19 from Packages.

Let's focus of War against COVID-19.

This is exactly what I wrote:

”Not sure why you have so much contempt for IRCC employees since they actually process hundreds of thousands of applications every year. Actually it is not easy for them to work from home because there are privacy issues involved. Would expect delays which is understandable given all the issues going on in the world. How long the delays is not clear.”

Nothing anti- anyone. Just tired of the criticism of the IRCC worker especially if some of them are risking getting covid 19 to go to work. There will be delays throughout Canada including IRCC.

Jahprovideesp

Apr 15, 2018
This is exactly what I wrote:

”Not sure why you have so much contempt for IRCC employees since they actually process hundreds of thousands of applications every year. Actually it is not easy for them to work from home because there are privacy issues involved. Would expect delays which is understandable given all the issues going on in the world. How long the delays is not clear.”

Nothing anti- anyone. Just tired of the criticism of the IRCC worker especially if some of them are risking getting covid 19 to go to work. There will be delays throughout Canada including IRCC.

I saw it but it was because of your previous comments most people aren't happy.

Fact is, Canada is Welcoming so we all should appreciate both the IRCC and all Government Bureaucrat.

I know many Families waiting for Positive Decision for 7 Years, 3 Years, 2 Years. Many in Humanitarian and Appeals, Judicial Review. Let's thank God that we have crossed that stage.

#StayAtHome# FightCOVID-19

Jalalcananda

May 24, 2018
I read all the comments, and I know this Canuk78 since 2017. some points are understandable, but I still can say employees of the Canadian government are not hard workers (you read Lazy;)).
I am saying it because, in my daily life and as part of the system, I can see how bad they work.
Every day I tell myself that the PR will take ever to be done if IRC people are the same as the gov people I see every day!
Believe me or not, without the immigrants, you white pure Canadians can not survive even one week! Deep down, you know I am very right!
So stop saying that Canada did a favor to us (useless refugees) to process our cases, and we are lucky to be treated with you, dear Canadians. With the label of refugees or immigrants, these people are running this country. At least your prime minister knows it and always is begging for more of us!

Last edited:

sugababa

Jun 5, 2019
There are pure belgian/british/italian American US army veterans that are given asylum here too. Although Canada rarely accepts such claims, cause it would starve if the US stopped trade lol.

Refrain from labeling 'original' Canadians as white, this will only encourage such minded people to feel more entitled.

If anyone owns this land it's the indigenous communities. In my view; naturalized citizens nowadays are actually the ones to have a right to Canada than any, because unlike the settlers and their decedents we actually came here with paperwork, and didn't enter without permission. In the GTA the Italians made Vaughn, the Jewish and Persians made Richmond hill, the greeks made Danforth etc...

Canada only strengthens itself with immigration, and following the footsteps of its prettier sister; the US. Hopefully in a century it's able to compete, but I doubt it with the weather :D . It's in its benefit to do so, don't let bigots tell you its a favor; welcome to Canada!

Eloneis

Mar 25, 2020
Hello,
We are convention refugee. We applied for PR in December 9
,2019 and till this date we have not received any notification regarding our application if they have received it or not. Is it normal and if we contact them, will they provide us with any update.
Thank you

maedow

Dec 13, 2019
Hello,
We are convention refugee. We applied for PR in December 9
,2019 and till this date we have not received any notification regarding our application if they have received it or not. Is it normal and if we contact them, will they provide us with any update.
Thank you
AOR takes between 3 - 5 months. It may be longer in light of the on going issue now. I think it's normal and you may not need to contact them.

Reactions: Eloneis