+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

Discussion in 'Refugees and Asylum' started by androcles, Apr 11, 2009.

1. Hello everyone !!
    My father's refugee claim was accepted in oct 2016 and was granted PR in feb 2018 now my father said london office wants the document of my mother.brother & sister (National ID Copies,Pictures,Police Character Certificate,proof of relationship etc).
    Now i am confused what does it means? Is our family are accepted for immigration if yes then how much it will take time to process our info or if not accepted then what will happen next... PLEASE HELP

2. Don't worry...spouse and dependents application gets refused only based on Medical faults or background check. Be positive everything will be fine. Just send the requested documents to cic and incase u dont have any of the requested documents then write a letter to them explaining why u were not able to provide them. If u have all the requested documents then just send it to the concerned visa office and wait for the visa. It might take a few months may be 3-4 months or even sometimes sooner after the documents are received by the visa office. All the best...God bless...Cheers...Be positive

YoYo81 likes this.
  3. Thanks for the reply samydude65, just a one thing more my younger brother had hepatitis b 10 years ago and now he is fine the virus in inactive at the moment but HBS is positive can it become a basis for refusal ?

samydude65 likes this.
  4. http://www.cdbraontario.ca/what-medical-tests-are-done-in-a-cic-medical-exam-cic-medical/
    https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/medical-exams/requirements-permanent-residents.html
    Kindly go through this. I have sent u 2 links. There is no clinical significance of Hepatitis in Canada immigration according the posts but they will ask your history of previous infections. If u declare its gonna be a problem. Now its your decision to declare ur history or not. Be positive everything will be fine...Dont worry...God bless

5. Thanks for the valuable info..GOD BLESS YOU !!

samydude65 likes this.
  6. Hi

When someone has no Online CIC account, how the DM is sent?
    Regards

7. If you put your email on the form they'll send it as a PDF attachment, if not then they'll send it by mail.

8. Hello Everyone,

This thread has been very helpful and encouraging.
    I have a quick question and certain it has been answered before but can not recollect. I am a dependant relative and just got PPR today, i intend to submit my passport tomorrow but want to clarify these request in the email.
    "UPDATED FAMILY INFORMATION: You must advise us of any change in your marital status or family composition. All family members must be listed on your IMM008 and Additional Family Information forms.Failure to comply may result in a delay in the issuance of your visa."

Do I need to send an updated IMM008 form?, nothing has changed in my family composition as my wife and kids who are in Canada are already with their PR cards, or i just go to the VFS with my passport and 2photos as requested.

9. You don't need to update your IMM008. Just go there with your passport and 2 photos.

10. Thanks a lot for the quick response.

11. what is your timeline please? which visaoffice is processing your application?

12. Congratulations! Happy for you

13. Congratulations on having your PR. May I ask how long did it take to get your PR?

14. Thanks....i m 11 oct 2017 applicant received decision on 11th feb 2019. Exactly 16 months

Ranolive likes this.
  15. Did anyone here try to submit and ATIP request to CSIS regarding the background check? I'm thinking of submitting one.