+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time for processing under new Simplified PR system

kasal

Dec 3, 2006
Can somebody please tell me how long it takes to process PR application for Skilled Worker under the new regime that started in Sept 06? My application submitted in Sept has not been acknowledged 3 months after! Am worried though it was confirmed delivered to Canada Embassy.
Thanks

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
HI

kasal said:
Can somebody please tell me how long it takes to process PR application for Skilled Worker under the new regime that started in Sept 06? My application submitted in Sept has not been acknowledged 3 months after! Am worried though it was confirmed delivered to Canada Embassy.
Thanks
Look at the processing times for the CHC where you sent you application. It won't any shorter and unless the points are raised it will be longer. see: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/times-int/02a-skilled-fed.html

PMM

kasal

Dec 3, 2006
Thanks for your response PMM.
It then means that it will take an applicant about 5 years to get his application processed through Ghana, where I submitted mine.
That seems to be too long for any worthwhile ambition to relocate!!!
The receipt of mine has not even been acknowledged, 3 months after submission!!! Is there any other way out???

Eduardo Picazo

Feb 19, 2005
Reynosa, Mexico
My friend Kasal

First of all you have to be very, very patient through this process; since it really takes long time, you better believe me my friend, there is not short cuts.

I guess more than 90% of applicants get the process done after some years, depending on the country of application

You are just starting there is a long way to go yet. I guess you AOR is on its way... just be patient!!!!...extremely patient.

Regards
Eduardo

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Eduardo Picazo said:
My friend Kasal

First of all you have to be very, very patient through this process; since it really takes long time, you better believe me my friend, there is not short cuts.

I guess more than 90% of applicants get the process done after some years, depending on the country of application

You are just starting there is a long way to go yet. I guess you AOR is on its way... just be patient!!!!...extremely patient.

Regards
Eduardo
Actually the refusal rate for skilled workers is about %50.

PMM