+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Three placeholders for Police certificate, only lived in 2 countries

legionnaire

Sep 21, 2019
Dear everyone,

thanks for all the enormous help you've been providing.

Did anyone encounter a situation where the system is asking for 3 PCCs but the applicant only lived in 2 countries for more than 6 months (excluding Canada).?

Unfortunately, I left Canada although my work permit is still valid and now I can't call them - I've sent an email to inquire if this is a technical error but no response so far...

Thanks a million.

L

Update: I managed to have them specify which PCC they need - and they're asking for a PCC from the country I never lived in. I did, however, step on that soil as a seaman embarking/disembarking a vessel that had a homeport in that country.

Do you think I'll be able to get away with an LOE or I really need to get the PCC for that country? Would I even be able to get a PCC for the country I never had an address in?

Thanks a lot

Last edited:

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Update: I managed to have them specify which PCC they need - and they're asking for a PCC from the country I never lived in. I did, however, step on that soil as a seaman embarking/disembarking a vessel that had a homeport in that country.

It sounds like the request for the PCC was because you listed an employer with an address in a country that you did not live in. This also happens to students who study by distance but list the country that the university is located in.

Do you think I'll be able to get away with an LOE or I really need to get the PCC for that country?
You can write the LOE, include any proof you might have (for example, I don´t know if you would have had to go through passport control and have stamps in your passport). If you can get your (former) employer to corroborate, that would be helpful.

If IRCC decides they still want the PCC, you may have to try to get it.

Would I even be able to get a PCC for the country I never had an address in?
Depends on the country.

legionnaire

Sep 21, 2019
I see I should've been specific, thanks for a terrific informative response!

So the country is UK, I listed the employer in UK definitely. To your knowledge, could I get a PCC from UK if I never lived there?

It is a paid service so I guess they won't care to issue me with one if I send in the application and pay for it.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
I see I should've been specific, thanks for a terrific informative response!

So the country is UK, I listed the employer in UK definitely. To your knowledge, could I get a PCC from UK if I never lived there?

It is a paid service so I guess they won't care to issue me with one if I send in the application and pay for it.
You probably can get it and there is no harm in trying, but you should still write the LOE so that IRCC has the correct information.

legionnaire

Sep 21, 2019
Thanks a lot.

Just an updated for anyone who might be in the same situation - UK issued me the PCC without a problem. I'm not surprised, having paid over 100 CAD for it :D