+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Those who scored Scholarships, please post here..

jigzyy

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-05-2013
AOR Received.
09-07-2013
File Transfer...
22-07-2013
Med's Request
02-04-2014
Med's Done....
15-04-2014
Interview........
21-01-2014
Passport Req..
01-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
22-09-2014
Okay... My younger brother is looking to join a Canadian University on Scholarship for Engineering. Can any one tell me which universities do provide scholarships for international students..?? His Academic Scores in both Matriculation and FSc are above 80%

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jigzyy said:
Okay... My younger brother is looking to join a Canadian University on Scholarship for Engineering. Can any one tell me which universities do provide scholarships for international students..?? His Academic Scores in both Matriculation and FSc are above 80%
I am selected for the "MBA Entrance Award" of $2,500 (Its not a scholarship, but a cash award).

Almost all good Universities offer scholarship/cash award.

TheHaiderRaja

Star Member
May 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
jigzyy said:
most uni's have limited budgets so entrance scholarships are limited. He could also apply for other scholarships which require separate essays application etc and are given on leadership skills, athletics, communitywork etc. Uofa (alberta) offers a lot to its undergrads. I don't know about matric/fsc but every international student who applied with me to the uofA got some entrance award. But they still needed big budgets for 4 years.

other than that some uni's offer region specific scholarships. Queen's(the on i;m going to) had a few which gave preference to Pakistani students and they were HUGE. One of them was for around $20K/per year for 4 years(renewed yearly based upon performance). ir had a seperate application required a few essays and competition was VERY tough.

aamro1992

Jul 10, 2011
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
14-March-2017
IELTS Request
Waived
Med's Request
Waived
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
05-June-2017
LANDED..........
01-Sep-2017
Universities in Canada don't know about Matric and fsc so they would be clueless to what >80% means unless your brother approaches Federal government for some help. My cousin got full scholarship to Waterloo University through PAKISTANI government and he was a Matric student.

I suggest you approach Higher education commission in Islamabad they would give you more suggestions

kashif Mehmood

Jul 23, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
entrance scholarships are limited but if he is going for Research based master then he can easily get Teaching Assistantship and Research Assistantship.I also received both for Masters.All universities of canada give full funding to each and every student.if he is interested in research he has bright future ahead m sure.

evolvingfaith

Jul 22, 2011
Islamabad, Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC-ISB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2011
IELTS Request
Not needed, took the GRE
Med's Request
28-07-2011
Med's Done....
30-07-2011 (results forwarded to New Delhi on 05-08-2011)
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
01-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
Stamped 12-08-2011; Valid Till 12-08-2015; Picked up on 18-08-2011 (Total Process Took 8 Weeks)
LANDED..........
Hoping to land on 09-09-2011
For Canada, you could apply for the Commonwealth Scholarship through the HEC, but be warned that it involves a bond contract -- you will be made to return to Pakistan for a certain number of years, and if you don't, your property could be seized.

It is hard for international students to get full funding at levels below a PhD but you can get entrance/cash awards. Research-based Master's would be much more able to fund you through Teaching Assistantships or Tutor Marker positions. Contact your program before applying to find out funding details. Also, you could contact a professor beforehand and ask if he can give you a Research Assistantship in his lab (everything depends on whether the professor has gotten research grants or not -- the ones with big research grants can easily give you a Research Assistantship).

PhD students are eligible for nearly full funding: I have a renewable annual Graduate Fellowship, a Teaching Assistantship, and a Research Assistantship -- all of these things combined fund almost my entire tuition and living costs for four years. SFU, I have to say, has been amazing to me: not only do they have ridiculously low tuition levels (I'm paying CDN $1,900 a semester, which is really not much), they have also given me a lot of funding. SFU also does not even charge different fees for international students at the graduate level! I'm not even there yet, and I already love it. ;-)

The summary, I think, is that the more prestigious the program you get into, the more likely you are to get funding.

kashif Mehmood

Jul 23, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i will also pay just 1900 CAD $ per semester at master level.i have received teaching assistantship and my supervisor will give me research assistantship too.so i will get full funding if i will go there in september

evolvingfaith

Jul 22, 2011
Islamabad, Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC-ISB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2011
IELTS Request
Not needed, took the GRE
Med's Request
28-07-2011
Med's Done....
30-07-2011 (results forwarded to New Delhi on 05-08-2011)
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
01-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
Stamped 12-08-2011; Valid Till 12-08-2015; Picked up on 18-08-2011 (Total Process Took 8 Weeks)
LANDED..........
Hoping to land on 09-09-2011
Kashif, that's great! Can you tell us which uni you are at?

aamro1992

Jul 10, 2011
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
14-March-2017
IELTS Request
Waived
Med's Request
Waived
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
05-June-2017
LANDED..........
01-Sep-2017

kashif Mehmood

Jul 23, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am going to Univ of Northern British Columbia (UNBC).waiting for visa now because i committed a blunder that is why they are delaying my application.Almost 13 weeks have been completed but still no news.I received medical call but i did nt receive instructions and list of physician.I just received 1 page Section A form after 3 weeks of filing my application.I went to an unauthorized practitioner who after performing lab test and x ray declared me fit.I sent this form stamped by unauthorized dr back to visa section.later i came to know i did wrong.I sent emails and fax them that plz issue me new medical form but they did not reply me.on 8th Aug my supervisor sent a letter via email and fax to high commission but still no response.I think Either my visa will be rejected after few days or visa officer will ask me to deffer my case lets c