+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

The amount I have in "How much money are you bringing to Canada" is less than what I have in my Bank, is that okay?

abeythomas1997

Star Member
Apr 26, 2020
Vancouver, BC
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-06-2020
AOR Received.
09-06-2020
Hey everyone!

So, I submitted my application yesterday, and for the "amount of money you are bringing to Canada" section, I entered x amount in the profile.
When they asked me to upload proof of funds, I gave them a letter from my bank where my bank account has about 1.5x the money I claim to be bringing to Canada.

I didn't update the section in my profile for two reasons:
1. "x" was the amount of money I had in my account when I created my EE profile
2. I usually keep some money aside as an Emergency fund, so even though I would have 1.5x money in my bank account, only "1x" will be my "settlement money", as the rest would just be emergency/misc fund.

So, do I need to submit a webform or something like to explain it, or would a VO be satisfied that I have the money (more than what I claim) I claim to as proof of funds? or am I just thinking too much and stressing out.

Also, I am still not sure why they asked me for proof of funds, I thought I didn't have to provide that since CEC does not require proof of funds :rolleyes:

Banana woman

Dec 10, 2019
Hey everyone!

So, I submitted my application yesterday, and for the "amount of money you are bringing to Canada" section, I entered x amount in the profile.
When they asked me to upload proof of funds, I gave them a letter from my bank where my bank account has about 1.5x the money I claim to be bringing to Canada.

I didn't update the section in my profile for two reasons:
1. "x" was the amount of money I had in my account when I created my EE profile
2. I usually keep some money aside as an Emergency fund, so even though I would have 1.5x money in my bank account, only "1x" will be my "settlement money", as the rest would just be emergency/misc fund.

So, do I need to submit a webform or something like to explain it, or would a VO be satisfied that I have the money (more than what I claim) I claim to as proof of funds? or am I just thinking too much and stressing out.

Also, I am still not sure why they asked me for proof of funds, I thought I didn't have to provide that since CEC does not require proof of funds :rolleyes:
That’s right, as a CEC applicant, you don’t need POF. You could have just included a LOE stating that.

For me, I submitted pay stubs for 1year + and tax papers. That’s all