Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello @legalfalcon and everyone. Got my golden mail today. It still feels surreal. Thanks a lot legalfalcon and everyone on this group. You have helped me a lot.
FSW-0
AOR- 10TH SEPTEMBER
biometrics- 12th October

Congratulations!! All the best for the journey ahead!!

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thanks for this valuable info. So if I understood correctly, I can travel after PR Visa date as if I have already landed in Canada. All I need is to obtain a PRTD.
No.

There are two scenarios:

1. If you are in Canada: If you re physically in Canada, you will receive an email and after your confirm that you are in Canada, you will be issued a COPR. The COPR will be effective from the date your receive it, as in you become a PR as on the date you become a PR. You will then be asked to submit a photo for your PR card.

2. If you are outside Canada: You will be asked to submit your passport and you will be issued a COPR and with the PR visa and COPR you can travel to Canada. Upon landing at a Port fo entry, you will be admitted and your COPR stamped, effective on this date you become a PR.

If you travel out of Canada after your have become a PR, but have not yet received a PR card, you till need a PRTD to travel back to Canada .

mvneema10

Oct 21, 2019
YEs, unless you are divorced, you will have to declare and list all information pertaining to your spouse, including your spouse's documents for medicals, PCC, and passport even if your spouse is not accompanying. If you are unable to obtain these documents, you can explain in LoE and include the divorce petition to substantiate your explanation.
Thanks for response. My martial status I have given is "Legally separated" and so I don't have placeholder for spouse PCC, medicals and passport. I can't get from either as we are not in good terms.

Will that be ok?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thanks for response. My martial status I have given is "Legally separated" and so I don't have placeholder for spouse PCC, medicals and passport. I can't get from either as we are not in good terms.

Will that be ok?

It will depend on the laws of the country of your residence. Not all countries recognize legal separation. However, if you have selected that you can explain it in the LoE, and provide documentation for the same.

mvneema10

Oct 21, 2019
It will depend on the laws of the country of your residence. Not all countries recognize legal separation. However, if you have selected that you can explain it in the LoE, and provide documentation for the same.
Thanks @legalfalcon I am thinking of attaching divorce petition and a notarized affidavit stating we are separated and will not reconcile or sponsor my spouse from my lawyer. Additionally, I will explain all these details in loe as well.

Reactions: legalfalcon

pbayagbon

Nov 10, 2020
Hello

My friend Tobi has two half siblings in Canada,
One of the siblings agree to give him documents to claim sibling 15 points

The other sibling will not give him any information Such as date of birth and her full names for him to fill in family section

What should Tobi do about this situation?

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Dear @legalfalcon,
10 days ago I received a proof of status ADR. I assumed that meant that my security BGC has started and that my eligibility has been passed. 2 days ago, I logged into my IRCC account and my Medical passed date has been changed to Dec 15th. Is it justified to assume that my application is approved and PPR is coming?
my AOR is Sep 11th 2020, so it is early into my timeline.
my LVO is Abu Dhabi VO.
thank you
Have you raised a web form? That may help clarify.

Jordan510

Nov 27, 2020
Hey @legalfalcon ,
Hope you are doing great. I am little confused right now. I am aor March 4 cec inland applicant. My application has passed all stages except criminality in early August. Criminality was pending because of outstanding biometric which I later provided when services opened their facility in mid October. Since then there hasn’t been any movement on my application. I have called irrc 5-6 times since august to get updates on my application. The latest call I made was this Wednesday December 16 and the criminality was still pending. But today afternoon I missed a call from No Caller Id. Later tonight, one of my friend told me that he has received a call from IRCC with No Caller ID same day to confirm his address and entry date to canada. He is March 2 aor. Now I doubt I might have missed a call from IRCC. Now my question is, is it safe for me to call IRCC again on Monday to ask of i have missed any communication from IRCC or it may lead to something negative since I have made quite a few calls already. And will IRCC call centre agents be able to see if an officer has made a call?
I really appreciate if you can please answer this. I have been waiting for so long on my application.
Thank you @legalfalcon

timuster

Jun 23, 2020
Hi @legalfalcon

I received a request letter from the CIC in my portal this morning -

"As you have resided in the USA for 6 months or more, you must provide a scanned copy of an original FBI clearance certificate.

Please follow the FBI’s instructions to send your fingerprints and your payment to the Criminal Justice Information Services Division (CJIS Division).

The FBI will send you a letter with the results of your record check. That letter will be your police certificate. You must upload the documents by using your IRCC secure account within the time-frame indicated below.
Your certificate must be received in our office within 60 days from the date of this letter."

I had already uploaded the FBI clearance certificates (for both my wife and myself) when I had applied back in January 2020 - my AOR is of January 25, 2020.

I have 2 questions:

1. I am going to apply for new FBI clearance certificates for my wife and myself - would it be ok to upload the PDF that the FBI sends in an email? Or do I need to order hard copies through physical mail and scan those after I get them?

2. I know that it has been more than 6 months since my AOR, but is it normal to get a request a second time?

Flgd

Apr 19, 2019
lagos
NOC Code......
Hello Legalfalcon,
I got below response from the Hong Kong visa office on Dec 11, 2020 to a prior enquiry I raised to them.
However, I do not have the passport request, what should I do?

Dear Sir / Madam,

This is in response to your recent email enquiry to the Migration Section of Consulate General of Canada in Hong Kong and Macao.

In order to assist our international network of visa offices during the COVID19 pandemic, part of the processing of your file is being done by IRCC Hong Kong.

Currently, your file is:

• Approved and you should have received a passport request letter and travel advisory letter via email/your online IRCC account. Please check the junk mail folder or your online account.

Please refrain from sending additional e-mails. Migration Offices have limited resources. Reviewing repeated enquiries diverts resources from processing applications, adding to processing times. We will contact you if we require further information.

Please only contact IRCC if you need to

• Change the passport information for you or any family members included in your application
  • Add or remove a family member from your application (ex. birth, adoption, marriage, death)

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello Legalfalcon,
I got below response from the Hong Kong visa office on Dec 11, 2020 to a prior enquiry I raised to them.
However, I do not have the passport request, what should I do?

Dear Sir / Madam,

This is in response to your recent email enquiry to the Migration Section of Consulate General of Canada in Hong Kong and Macao.

In order to assist our international network of visa offices during the COVID19 pandemic, part of the processing of your file is being done by IRCC Hong Kong.

Currently, your file is:

• Approved and you should have received a passport request letter and travel advisory letter via email/your online IRCC account. Please check the junk mail folder or your online account.

Please refrain from sending additional e-mails. Migration Offices have limited resources. Reviewing repeated enquiries diverts resources from processing applications, adding to processing times. We will contact you if we require further information.

Please only contact IRCC if you need to

• Change the passport information for you or any family members included in your application
  • Add or remove a family member from your application (ex. birth, adoption, marriage, death)

If you did not receive any passport request, then send a webform and inform IRCC that you have not receive one and provide reference to this response.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon

I received a request letter from the CIC in my portal this morning -

I had already uploaded the FBI clearance certificates (for both my wife and myself) when I had applied back in January 2020 - my AOR is of January 25, 2020.

I have 2 questions:

1. I am going to apply for new FBI clearance certificates for my wife and myself - would it be ok to upload the PDF that the FBI sends in an email? Or do I need to order hard copies through physical mail and scan those after I get them?

2. I know that it has been more than 6 months since my AOR, but is it normal to get a request a second time?

1. Yes.

2. Usually, not. But it is at the discretion of IRCC. IRCC states:

"However, it is always at an officer’s discretion to request a new or additional police certificate from the applicant."

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html

a6prasad

May 3, 2019