+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Taking your car

keral

Sep 12, 2007
Moving temporarily (little >1 year) into quebec. Want to take my car. Know how to get the recal certificate from the authorized dealer / manufactorer. Question is
1) how to get / what is the seccond thing that is listed--"Manufactoror compliance label" which is supposed to have name of manufactoror, type of vehicle etc etc?
2) Also since this car will be mine which I dont intend to sell while in Canada, do I need to pay any tax for this.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

keral said:
Moving temporarily (little >1 year) into quebec. Want to take my car. Know how to get the recal certificate from the authorized dealer / manufactorer. Question is
1) how to get / what is the seccond thing that is listed--"Manufactoror compliance label" which is supposed to have name of manufactoror, type of vehicle etc etc?
2) Also since this car will be mine which I dont intend to sell while in Canada, do I need to pay any tax for this.
If you are coming as a visitor/work permit/student, then the car does not have to be imported. so you don't have to worry about recall letter etc. If you are coming as an Immigrant, then the car has to be imported see: www.riv.ca PRs cannot drive out of country plated cars.

PMM