+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Suspicious email from case processing centre?

youknowluke

Star Member
Jan 21, 2016
Calgary
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
05-09-2018
Med's Done....
11-11-2018
I got a weird email looks like a scam asking me to send photocopies of my passport and photographs of myself to an address in Ottawa. When I googled the address it is a CIC case processing centre so I am confused.

My application status in MyCIC is still in progress it still says they are reviewing my eligibility. The only part of the email which makes me think its legit is it has my correct application number and name and everything all my information. I tried to call CIC but keep getting the usual "too many calls try again".

Is this legit or a scam? and if it is legit and I send copies of my passport and photographs how long until COPR now? I've already waited 10 months from AOR.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
I got a weird email looks like a scam asking me to send photocopies of my passport and photographs of myself to an address in Ottawa. When I googled the address it is a CIC case processing centre so I am confused.

My application status in MyCIC is still in progress it still says they are reviewing my eligibility. The only part of the email which makes me think its legit is it has my correct application number and name and everything all my information. I tried to call CIC but keep getting the usual "too many calls try again".

Is this legit or a scam? and if it is legit and I send copies of my passport and photographs how long until COPR now? I've already waited 10 months from AOR.
What's the address?

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Are you sure this isn't the Passport Request Email? Sounds like it!

Check your CIC account. If this is the PPR email, then you are essentially done. All you need to do is send the copies as requested, and you'll get the CoPR in a couple of weeks.

Post the entire email here (remove your personal info), and I'll tell you whether this is the PPR email or not.