+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Supporting doc's PR - proof of degree & finance (Current studies)

JumpinJac

Jun 27, 2020
Hi All,

My wife recently got an ITA based on CEC and we have two questions regarding the supporting documents for myself :

Education (diplomas/degrees) (required)
Education (diplomas/degrees) - you must provide proof that you completed your post-secondary education. Examples of proof of education include a diploma and/or degree.
I indicated in the application questionnaire that this is my ongoing study and has not been completed yet, so I am confused to what I need to upload here, as my education is not counting points here and I don't have proof of completion as I am currently studying.

Proof of Means of Financial Support (required)

If you are applying for permanent residence in Canada, you must provide an official letter issued by your financial institution indicating your financial profile. This must:

list of all your bank (chequing and savings) and investment accounts, the account numbers, dates each account was opened and the balance of each account over the past six months,
list all outstanding debts, such as credit cards and loans,
be printed on the letterhead of the financial institution, and include your name and the contact information of the financial institution (address, telephone number and e-mail address).
Since we are applying under CEC, I thought that this field was not required, but here clearly it is asking us to upload letters and a financial postion from our banks here in Canada, could someone shed some light on this for us?

thevisawhisperer

Champion Member
Jun 10, 2020
West Coast
When you completed the profile I suspect that you indicated that you had education. If you are not claiming points for your education as a spouse you should answer 'none' to questions about spouse's education and work experience.
Likewise, you must have put a non$0 amount when asked how much money you are bringing to Canada. If you put $0, they don't ask for proof of finances.
If you can go back and change those things without affecting the points required for an ITA, I would do that.