File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello friends, I need to understand a few questions about a parent's super visa. After my parents landed in Canada, if they wanted any regular or emergency medical services. Do we need to pay upfront to the service provider, or does the insurance company provide an insurance card for direct billing with zero deductible? Also, God forbid if elder parents die in Canada, Supervise for any reason,n who covers their funeral and other costs? Does it count as an accidental death? Or do we need to pay from our pocket? Thanks for your feedback.
Insurance won't cover regular doctors visits. You will need to pay for this out of pocket.

For emergencies, it will depend on your coverage and you'll need to check with our insurer. Normally you pay and then the insurer reimburses you for all or part of that later.

Whether there is zero deductible will depend on the plan you buy. Generally speaking there is a deductible unless you pay high premiums.

If the parent dies then it's up to you to cover these expenses unless you've obtained insurance that specifically covers this. Whether it's an accidental death or not depends on how the death happened.

smomen

Star Member
Apr 10, 2018
Hey all,
I am about to start apply for my parents, I am wondering if anyone is kind enough to refer me like as a checklist and some tips. Would really appreciate!
Thanks in advance!

sri_pri

Sep 16, 2020
Hi everyone, I have a question regarding the medicals for supervisa. We have not done upfront medicals. We received biometric request.
Can we get the medicals done without the request from IRCC or should we wait for request? I see in the instructions that IRCC asks to wait for medical request after submitting application but few people have got it done before the request.
Kindly help me here as my mother would need to travel to another city again for medicals.

dun146

Jun 19, 2019
Hi all,

I applied for SuperVisa for my parents in April 2021 - submitted everything they asked for. Biometrics completed in Jan 2022 but NO PROGRESS after that. No request for medicals..nothing at all. I get a standard reply saying we're working on applications etc when I submit a query. Now, I am planning to apply for my mom's visitor visa. Will there be an issue if I have two TRV applications in place? Since she already has biometrics, under the new portal, I suppose we wouldn't have to pay the fee.

Thanks, Dhiti

nadsmomin

Jan 3, 2022
Hi all,

I applied for SuperVisa for my parents in April 2021 - submitted everything they asked for. Biometrics completed in Jan 2022 but NO PROGRESS after that. No request for medicals..nothing at all. I get a standard reply saying we're working on applications etc when I submit a query. Now, I am planning to apply for my mom's visitor visa. Will there be an issue if I have two TRV applications in place? Since she already has biometrics, under the new portal, I suppose we wouldn't have to pay the fee.

Thanks, Dhiti
On September 25, 2021, with an upfront medical exam, I applied for my parents' Super Visa. On June 2, 2022, my mother received her PPR request, but my father's file is still showing as pending. I phoned IRCC multiple times and also sought assistance from my local MP, and each time I received the same response: "We are currently processing." Please be patient. I was considering reapplying on the new portal, but my MP told me I didn't need to because the file was already in the final stages three months ago. I'll probably wait.

Reactions: dun146

Rsingh401

Dec 1, 2021
Hi everyone, I have a question regarding the medicals for supervisa. We have not done upfront medicals. We received biometric request.
Can we get the medicals done without the request from IRCC or should we wait for request? I see in the instructions that IRCC asks to wait for medical request after submitting application but few people have got it done before the request.
Kindly help me here as my mother would need to travel to another city again for medicals.
You can do before they request either it will update automatically or if they request for it send the copy doc. Will give you

Reactions: sri_pri

Rsingh401

Dec 1, 2021
Hi all,

Thanks, Dhiti
Yes biometrics are valid for 10years just keep the copy with you however its linked with there uci no. Or once they receive a visa you will receive uci no.and i also applied 1st file on feb2021 and 2nd on april 2022 through new portal both in process

Rsingh401

Dec 1, 2021
On September 25, 2021, with an upfront medical exam, I applied for my parents' Super Visa. On June 2, 2022, my mother received her PPR request, but my father's file is still showing as pending. I phoned IRCC multiple times and also sought assistance from my local MP, and each time I received the same response: "We are currently processing." Please be patient. I was considering reapplying on the new portal, but my MP told me I didn't need to because the file was already in the final stages three months ago. I'll probably wait.
Reapplying will not help since i did that lol now both applications are in process

Spidermdjm

Oct 28, 2022
Is there anyone applying from canada actually getting through with super visa? We have applied twice this year and still no movement besides medical passed. But every comment I check people getting through are from India. I’m seriously wondering if i need to re apply from a Indian IP address because this is ridiculous lol

Spidermdjm

Oct 28, 2022
We applied 2021 and re applied on new site feb 2022 and still no movement after medical passes. And I’m sick and tired of repaying fees to apply again. Don’t believe I should go broke re applying for something when my application is being ignored it’s so frustrating

Puttna03

Apr 25, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
19-09-2020
Med's Done....
04-11-2020
Today I got response from MP office. I applied for mother in law,

criminality, security and biometric is passed. But they mentioned enrolment is passed, when I asked about eligibility they said enrolment and eligibility is same. I never heard about enrolment stage? Any thoughts if eligibility is passed? Since security is passed thinking eligibility also might be passed.

super visa application: June 2nd 2022

indocanadian student

Star Member
Oct 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I applied for my parents supervisa this year in April. They had their upfront medical done with the application, did biometrics in May. It was crickets after that. However, we just received passport request yesterday. So, I would say they might be catching up with the applications now. Good luck to everyone here.

Puttna03

Apr 25, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
19-09-2020
Med's Done....
04-11-2020
I applied for my parents supervisa this year in April. They had their upfront medical done with the application, did biometrics in May. It was crickets after that. However, we just received passport request yesterday. So, I would say they might be catching up with the applications now. Good luck to everyone here.
Did you submitted full annual paid medical insurance confirmation again?

Puttna03

Apr 25, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
19-09-2020
Med's Done....
04-11-2020
I had originally attached the receipt for fully paid annual insurance for both. I did not submit it again. What stage is your application in?

I got response from MP office. I applied for mother in law,

criminality, security and biometric is passed. But they mentioned enrolment is passed, when I asked about eligibility they said enrolment and eligibility is same. I never heard about enrolment stage? Any thoughts if eligibility is passed? Since security is passed thinking eligibility also might be passed.