+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Suggestion for a good moving company to move from Calgary to Toronto.

Sinbad

Star Member
Jun 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 9,2010
LANDED..........
Apr 24,2011
Can anybody recommend me a reputable moving company to help me with my move from Calgary to Toronto?
Thanks.

toby

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2009
Med's Done....
October 2009 and 15 April 2011
Interview........
4 April 2011
Passport Req..
4 April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
7 July 2011
LANDED..........
15 July 2011
I cannot, but one thing I would advise you to do is read carefully any insurance policy the moving company wants to sell you, before buying it. It is surprising how little some policies are really covering. If the moving company cannot or will not provide a copy of the policy in advance, before you sign, then I advise you to walk away. Either the company agent is being dishonest (i.e. doesn't want you to see how poor the coverage is) or he/she is incompetent (selling a policy he doesn't know anything about, perhaps hasn't even read).

Reactions: paneka penalty

manianz47

Sep 15, 2008
Hi

I can recommend Atlas Van Lines. I utilized their services for moving from US to Canada. Excellent Service, Competetive Rates and good Network.
Ofcourse you can Google and find a Service Provider satisfying your needs...

Sinbad

Star Member
Jun 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 9,2010
LANDED..........
Apr 24,2011
Thanks Toby & manianz47

If anybody wants to move here are some websites with reviews.

http://www.beatnikpad.com/archives/2004/08/09/moving_company_reviews
http://homestars.com/bc/richmond
Finally check with BBB
http://www.bbb.org/canada/

I will post my experience with the one I selected after I move.

Sinbad

Star Member
Jun 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 9,2010
LANDED..........
Apr 24,2011
manianz47 said:
Hi

I can recommend Atlas Van Lines. I utilized their services for moving from US to Canada. Excellent Service, Competetive Rates and good Network.
Ofcourse you can Google and find a Service Provider satisfying your needs...
In US,95% of the time you always get good service for the money you pay. From what I have seen, read and experienced, level of service in Canada leaves much to be desired. :(

I have contacted Atlas too.. The local rep's is a separate company ( franchise ) BBB rating is not good. I have not decided yet.
Thank you so much.

BZ Mom

Mar 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/10/2008
Nomination.....
06/01/2009
AOR Received.
19/08/2009
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Done....
28/12/2009
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
01/03/2010
VISA ISSUED...
20/04/2010
LANDED..........
27/11/2010
Sinbad said:
In US,95% of the time you always get good service for the money you pay. From what I have seen, read and experienced, level of service in Canada leaves much to be desired. :(

I have contacted Atlas too.. The local rep's is a separate company ( franchise ) BBB rating is not good. I have not decided yet.
Thank you so much.
Hi Sinbad! Are you moving??

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have seen a lot of horror stories about people handing their stuff over to movers and either not getting it back, not getting all of it back, loads of it coming back broken and in many cases their stuff being held hostage while the price originally agreed upon has mysteriously doubled. Therefore, check with BBB and go from personal recommendations before hiring someone or alternatively get a u-haul or a ryder truck and move it yourself.

Sinbad

Star Member
Jun 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 9,2010
LANDED..........
Apr 24,2011
Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I moved last October and used Great Canadian Vanlines. I estimated around 1000pounds of stuff and based on that they gave me a quote of ~ $1200. Atlas Vanlines quoted around $2.2K. Altas Vanlines sent a rep to the house and the Lady estimated around 1.2 K pounds.
Finally when the stuff weighed around 1.4k and the Great Canadian Vanlines charged around 1.8K total.
I would give a rating of 3 out of 5 for loading and 4/5 for unloading .

Anna77

Aug 13, 2015
I heard a lot about Elite GTA Movers from a friend of mine, they moved my friend from New York to Toronto. They have different types of insurance that they offer. They're located in Toronto, but move across country I believe. My friend was very pleased with the movers, and they did a very good job. They also have very good rating on google for toronto movers.

Sep 3, 2015
Congrats on the move. I'm in a similar situation right now but I'm moving from Fort McMurray to Markham and I'm thinking of going with the mover in Fort McMurray here with Matco (matco.ca). I like you also found Atlas was a lot more pricier than the other moving companies. Now that you've moved, I'll try giving GCV a call as well.

Gauti

Star Member
Jun 10, 2013
Earth
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-apr-2013
Doc's Request.
30-sep-2014
File Transfer...
Somewhere Near June
Med's Done....
04-jan-2015
VISA ISSUED...
10-Feb-2016
LANDED..........
19-Feb-2016
Sinbad said:
Can anybody recommend me a reputable moving company to help me with my move from Calgary to Toronto?
Thanks.
The best movers for no doubt is the two nice movers.
they are very affordable that anyone can afford.
their website is http://twonicemovers.com/
good luck bro

Ezhilan

Aug 2, 2017
I recommend you to search on Google and moving company reviews to get clear ideas. You can go with the moving company which satisfies your needs. Before Starting just
1. Ask for overall estimation.
2. Insurance for the items.

NetMecca

Dec 12, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
14-07-2009
Good moving company in Canada. Bit of an oxymoron. I found moving companies here to be most painful to deal with, and often outright abusive and generally crooked. If you have an option to do it yourself, perhaps renting a uhaul vehicle or some such, this will be much less painful. My experience.