+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sue the IDP and BC due to their score manipulation.

Urban Lee

Jun 13, 2019
Hi fellows,

This is Urban from Toronto, Canada and I have done almost a dozen times of IELTS since last October receiving a large but confusing scoring variation.

LRSW
First: 8.5/8.5/6.5/7 and I applied to remark but the result was kept the same.

The weirdest thing is that my second and third times happened in two months referring to the initial one: my speaking score soared to 8.5 and 8 but writing fell to 6.5. Now, I highly doubt that either IDP or BC intentionally beats candidates through manipulated scoring and therefore maximizes their profit by invisibly and unfairly forcing the repetition on IELTS.

Here is the solution: I am planning to prosecute IDP and British Council Canada for their paradoxical and irresponsible behavior which is highly possible to cheat candidates by score manipulation.

Reactions: jemK1666

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Yeah, nope. You can try suing, see how far you get.

Actually, first try and find a lawyer who will agree to take on the case.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Seems obvious to many people that taking any sort of test or exam the results can be different simply based even on what sort of day the person taking said test/exam is having. Maybe they didnt sleep that well the night before , maybe they have other issues worrying them even to the extent they are worried about the actual test/exam.

Fact the OP has almost a dozen attempts sort of indicates they are desperate for those few extra points but attempting to sue anyone isnt going to ever fix their immigration application. Hopefully the OP has very deep pockets to pay for lawyers, if anyone thinks immigration or multiple IELTS is expensive just wait.

dotslash227

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2019
Your scores aren't' bad, per se.

You could try taking some coaching and improve your writing skills.

You are just trying to put the blame on someone else for your failure.

mahi2020

Oct 7, 2016
Your writing looks to be at 7 level.
If you can attach a sound recording we can guess your speaking level.

For IELTS speaking, you just need to impress the listener. (by sugar coating words....worked for me)

Since you look to be well-off, coz you can afford a lawyer, I will tell you an easier option of high scoring.

Fly to non-english speaking countries like Nordic. (Sweden/Finland).
Its much easier to score higher in those countries specially the speaking part.

dotslash227

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2019
Your writing looks to be at 7 level.
If you can attach a sound recording we can guess your speaking level.

For IELTS speaking, you just need to impress the listener. (by sugar coating words....worked for me)

Since you look to be well-off, coz you can afford a lawyer, I will tell you an easier option of high scoring.

Fly to non-english speaking countries like Nordic. (Sweden/Finland).
Its much easier to score higher in those countries specially the speaking part.
You are absolutely wrong in assuming that you just sugar coated words and got a higher band. You had got a band that you deserved. Certainly, it helps if the examiner ends up liking you, but by not much, at most a 0.5 increase in band.

IELTS Speaking and Writing examiners go through very serious and rigorous training and are subject to a lot of auditing, also, all examiners for written and speaking are Band 9 English users. The examiners are taught rigorously to assess you on the four parameters (Fluency/TA, CC, Pronunciation, Grammer, Lexical Resources) and the assessment criteria are the same for all countries.

dotslash227

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2019
You are absolutely wrong in assuming that you just sugar coated words and got a higher band. You had got a band that you deserved. Certainly, it helps if the examiner ends up liking you, but by not much, at most a 0.5 increase in band.

IELTS Speaking and Writing examiners go through very serious and rigorous training and are subject to a lot of auditing, also, all examiners for written and speaking are Band 9 English users. The examiners are taught rigorously to assess you on the four parameters (Fluency/TA, CC, Pronunciation, Grammer, Lexical Resources) and the assessment criteria are the same for all countries.
All speaking exams are recorded and many are conducted under video surveillance. Also, after each exam, some of the interviews by examiners for each exam day are audited at random and the examiner wouldn't want that his "sugar coated very likey likey candidate who was given a more than 0.5 than he/she deserved" to get audited and then get fired.

mahi2020

Oct 7, 2016
All speaking exams are recorded and many are conducted under video surveillance. Also, after each exam, some of the interviews by examiners for each exam day are audited at random and the examiner wouldn't want that his "sugar coated very likey likey candidate who was given a more than 0.5 than he/she deserved" to get audited and then get fired.
IELTS examiners are dime a dozen.

Aug 21, 2016
I would not try and take them to court because IDP, BC, and Cambridge UV all have very thorough systems in place to demonstrate that their exams are both valid and reliable. Also, anyone involved in scoring your exam has no idea what score you need. In addition, task 1 is scored by a different examiner than task 2 and neither of them has any idea what this candidate's combined score is. I believe they invested so much into showing that their exams are reliable and valid just in case someone did want to take them to court. I had a student who tried to get 7.0 overall for his medical license in Canada. Before meeting me, he had done the exam over 30 times!!! He usually got 6.5 in the writing section, but sometimes he actually did get 7 as on that same try, he would get 6.5 in Reading or Listening... He started to think there was something suspicious going on. After some classes with me, he finally got over the hump and I am happy to say that he is now practicing medicine in Canada.

rcincanada2019

Jan 14, 2023
Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
03-07-2022
Nomination.....
30-03-2022
AOR Received.
03-11-2022
I would not try and take them to court because IDP, BC, and Cambridge UV all have very thorough systems in place to demonstrate that their exams are both valid and reliable. Also, anyone involved in scoring your exam has no idea what score you need. In addition, task 1 is scored by a different examiner than task 2 and neither of them has any idea what this candidate's combined score is. I believe they invested so much into showing that their exams are reliable and valid just in case someone did want to take them to court. I had a student who tried to get 7.0 overall for his medical license in Canada. Before meeting me, he had done the exam over 30 times!!! He usually got 6.5 in the writing section, but sometimes he actually did get 7 as on that same try, he would get 6.5 in Reading or Listening... He started to think there was something suspicious going on. After some classes with me, he finally got over the hump and I am happy to say that he is now practicing medicine in Canada.
When can we expect the "I got this,."?