+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Studying Part-Time

RPM

Star Member
Oct 2, 2008
Hi all,

I have relocated to Canada recently and I am trying to gather information about which schools would be better to apply for part time. I already have a Masters and I am hoping to do another Masters (Preferably an executive programm) sometime soon. I am into Banking.
I was going through UOT but the fee's are really high. I cannot affod SO much. Any suggestions would be really helpful for me.

Thank You.

vickyb

Nov 17, 2008
Hi,

Have you considered taking a graduate certificate online or through distance education from a Canadian university?

They are specially designed for part time students and there are a number of them related to the financial sector.

CVU

RPM

Star Member
Oct 2, 2008
Thanks Vickyb,
Yes, I actually considered doing my Masters through Distance Education. But then again, which universities are good is my problem. I am in the process of doing some research and its heading no where to be honest (no friends in Canada). people at work aren't helping much with this regard.
I am enrolling in Canadian Securities Course (CSC) but its a short time course.
Do you have any suggestions which Universities are reputed for Part time study?

Thanks again.

vickyb

Nov 17, 2008
Hi,

From my experience working with distance education universities, all those that offer complete degrees and certificates at a distance, especially graduate level and professional programs, are well set up to accommodate part-time students.

The vast majority of students taking distance programs are studying part time.

You may wish to visit the Canadian Virtual University website for a list of online and distance programs in the area of Finance--www.cvu-uvc.ca.

The universities listed on the Canadian Virtual University website are members of the Association of Universities and Colleges in Canada, meaning their programs are recognized by other institutions and employers across Canada.

Vicky