+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Students for September 2019 intake

Swapnil17

Star Member
Aug 21, 2019
My orientation is on Sept 4th. I've booked flights on Sept 4th. If they give the decision this weekend, that'll be great.
I haven't yet booked flight ...my college is starting from 4 th sept and 3rs sept orientation ...hoping and praying alot for approval decision

Gori

Sep 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-11-2014
Doc's Request.
09-08-2016
Med's Request
02-08-2016
Med's Done....
03-08-2016
Interview........
waved (DNA test) 05-2016
Passport Req..
12-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2016
LANDED..........
30-12-2016
Hi guys, i just got a letter from new delhi with refusal of the application. Why my file was not processed in Canada? And where is the logic telling me that 10 years old coming alone to canada without parents will not return back to India? What a 10 years old kid will do alone in Canada? I am very dessapointed. And saying that language levels are low...he is minor no language tests for minors.

Manan2697

Aug 3, 2019
I applied on 30th july , biometrics given and updates on 1 aug , medical update on 15 , after that no update and my review of eligiblity is also not started ...

prikshit

Aug 3, 2019
Hi All,

I have been a silent watcher here. Infact I just made an account so that I could update u guys on my application coz all of ur updates has helped me tide over my wait. I hope this update helps someone else who is waiting.

1st attempt- General
Applied
: 31 May
Medical cleared: 18 Jun
Biometric with Refusal: 4 July
Reasons for refusal: Standard, won't return back based on purpose of visit and proposed study is not proper in light of level of establishment, language, finance, etc.
What I think: I believe I was refused because of a poor and more importantly unorganized SOP.

2nd Attempt- SDS
Applied
: 20 July
Medical Cleared: 31 July
Biometric Correspondence: 13 Aug, 11 PM IST
Passport Request: 23 Aug, 1:48 am IST
Correct measures taken: Applied with help of IDP consultant. They provide free consultation on taking the IELTS which is anyway needed for SDS applications. IELTS overall score 8.5, L/R/S/W - 9,9,8.5,7
I wrote a strong SOP in an organized manner connecting all dots from my previous work to my intended course of study, findings and intent to return back. I showed my personal assets, family ties in India, and other relevant details. There is a lot of speculation if personal assets and worth should be shown in SDS after paying full year fee. My advice is why risk it. Why not be safe than sorry. Show everything possible to cement your visa. Remember once refused u need time to apply again as well as receive decision. If this wastage can be prevented in the first attempt, why not try it out.

On 21 Aug I had called CIC thanks to the number provided on this forum and after 30 min of wait I finally spoke to an agent who told me my application was approved on 13 Aug itself. However, finalization and PPR was pending. On 22nd morning I wrote a web form informing the authorities of the same that I got to know my file is approved and would like them to expedite my PPR as my classes start soon. Within 15 hours I got my PPR.

I don't know if my web form helped me in getting the PPR or not so I cannot say web form helped me. But I left no stone unturned on getting my decision the fastest I could.

Also I believe those who got biometric correspondence and have been waiting a long time, call CIC on the number provided on this forum. Ur decision is likely made, a positive one. Coz more often than not, a rejection is sent quickly as it does not require more verification after being refused. And if ur application has been approved and it is in limbo which is taking time, u can bring it to the notice of VO. They can also forget. They are also human.
can you please provide the number to contact them