+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student loans/scholarships for landed immigrants in Alberta?

people

Oct 2, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I would like to know are there any student loans/scholarships offered to landed immigrants for post secondary education in Alberta and how easy is to get a student loan/grant/scholarship for a landed immigrant in Alberta.
I have already visited the site of ALIS but it says that one needs to be resident of Alberta from the previous 12 mnths before applying and should have a good credit history of atleast 3 years.Both these conditions are impossible to meet for the newly landed Immigrants.Any one having any idea plz share.

Thanks

liempo

Star Member
Mar 29, 2010
Visa Office......
CIC-London
App. Filed.......
18-02-2007
AOR Received.
20-06-2007
IELTS Request
20-03-2009
File Transfer...
15-05-2009
Med's Request
17-12-2009
Med's Done....
5-01-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
01-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
25-02-2010
Hi there, you may check the link below and hopefully it could help you..

http://www.iafcanada.org/apply.html

jackrider

Nov 28, 2011
people said:
Hi,

I would like to know are there any student loans/scholarships offered to landed immigrants for post secondary education in Alberta and how easy is to get a student loan/grant/scholarship for a landed immigrant in Alberta.
I have already visited the site of ALIS but it says that one needs to be resident of Alberta from the previous 12 mnths before applying and should have a good credit history of atleast 3 years.Both these conditions are impossible to meet for the newly landed Immigrants.Any one having any idea plz share.

Thanks
Hi,
considering your problem, there are many scholarships programs and also there are federal and too, but I think it is better to consult a professional. You can also visit the sites of lending agencies like Sallie Mae for more information.